Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

[Electronic] The Field 2.0 by WilliamK

WilliamK
KVRAF

17470 posts since 11 Jun, 2001, from Wusik Dot Com

Postby WilliamK; Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 pm [Electronic] The Field 2.0 by WilliamK

Today my wife and I talked about this song, and she played the role of "producer" telling me what would work best. ;-)

First, the old song was 110 BPM, the new one is 140 BPM and with a better beat. She also said how I should structure the song. So let me know if this was a move towards something better.

You can listen it directly at my site, its the second song on the right-list. (select your type of connection first, to see the list after)
www.William-K.com

Or you can also use this direct link:
http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... yhgbndsq=1

Another thing, what genre exactly would this song fit best?

Anyway, please, do let me know what you think about this song, and if you heard the "old" version, let me know if this was a good move or not.

Best Regards, WilliamK
WilliamK
KVRAF

Postby WilliamK; Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:24 pm

I'm facing something quiet "strange" right now. I went back and re-listened to all previous Dark-Ages songs, and also checked the tempo of each song. Somehow, they all sound veeeery slow to me now. Tempo are from 90 to 110 BPM. If I set to 130 or 140 BPM, they sound much better. Is that me, or would the Dark-Ages songs actually sound better with a more up-tempo vibe to it?

Also, should I bother about making 2.0 versions of all those songs, like I did with The Field 2.0, or should I just start creating new stuff more like the new "Hyper" song? (its the first song that plays when you visit my personal music site)

Just trying to decide things. I'm really tired of not getting anything out from my music. Not even comments. Since I don't care much if I start making up-tempo songs, I rather ask what people think about those things...

Maybe its the whole Universe, Gods, common sense, just trying to show me that my songs where too slow... or something strange is happening to me. :hihi: :hyper:

Anyway, I'm ready to talk. ;-)

Best Regards, WilliamK
shadoe42
KVRian

677 posts since 18 May, 2007

Postby shadoe42; Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:16 pm

hmm I think I like the slower version better although in parts of it there is not much of a change heh. But I listened to all the original versions some time ago and I am not normally a big remix/redo type person when it comes to songs.
1barEnuff
KVRist

372 posts since 14 Oct, 2005

Postby 1barEnuff; Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:59 pm

hi, i liked both versions for different reasons but the faster version might have a broader appeal i feel. you know, being a bit more uptempo, the only thing for me is now it's faster it goes on a bit too long, but thats my short attention span and is a personal thing. but i'm no expert! as my own attempts prove.
yeah, it works

john
WilliamK
KVRAF

Postby WilliamK; Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:48 am

Humm, weird, I was expecting something different. ;-) But thanks anyway guys. :cool:

Wk
WilliamK
KVRAF

Postby WilliamK; Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:22 am

I actually decided to shorten down the track a bit, removing the 3rd piano part. Now its much better indeed, thanks for the heads-up. :cool:

I will re-upload the track in a few minutes.

Also, a 3rd track was updated today, I will post about it soon...

Wk

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe