Polyslax - What Kind Of Cat Are You?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some down tempo, jazzy flavour stuff today.

What Kind Of Cat Are You?

128 bit .mp3
7.7 mb
8:21 mins

Hope you like it! :)
Image Image

I love that one of the only musical artists whose music I continuously listen to always posts new songs when I'm hitting refresh. Life is good. Thanks, poly.

Thanks ya big lug!
Image Image

And that he always seems to post music that perfectly fits the moment when I listen to it for the first time. I found this to be perfect "getting-ready-for-a-friends-wedding" music. Excellent feel and anything that has anything to do with cats is awsome in my book.

3am

justin3am wrote:And that he always seems to post music that perfectly fits the moment when I listen to it for the first time. I found this to be perfect "getting-ready-for-a-friends-wedding" music. Excellent feel and anything that has anything to do with cats is awsome in my book.

3am
Thanks Justin!

:lol: Yup, I own the getting-ready-for-a-friends-wedding music market!
Image Image

Bumperoo

runagate wrote:Bumperoo
Anyone else want to jump in? I've got some ideas to shorten it up, specifically I think the raspy solo thing needs to be cut way down. Unfortunately I've spent the day trying to recover one of my external drives, which happens to contain the working files for this track - not sure yet whether I've been successful. Gigs and gigs of data have been traversing the wires around my system all day.
Image Image

i'm the kind of cat that digs your cool rasp professor. :-)

Hey thanks a lot Rick!
Image Image

Hi Poly,
This is pretty sexy stuff. Really psychedelic lounge jazz. Throughly enjoyed the way you mixed this. Groovy. Lots and lots of snaps.
Are you playing the saxamophone in the background?
peace
Jazzy

Fell in love right from the start- that opening sample trick was great. Nice before-bed chillout music for the night, thanks. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Jazzyspoon wrote:Hi Poly,
This is pretty sexy stuff. Really psychedelic lounge jazz. Throughly enjoyed the way you mixed this. Groovy. Lots and lots of snaps.
Are you playing the saxamophone in the background?
peace
Jazzy
Thanks Jazzy!

It does sound a bit like a sax, but it's actually me on Arp 2600V.
synthgeek wrote:Fell in love right from the start- that opening sample trick was great. Nice before-bed chillout music for the night, thanks. :)
Sweet dreams! ...and thanks for the feedback.! :)
Image Image

really nice laid back one...purrfect for that post-fourth head...and just the right amount of wonky skewdness working the subliminal edges.

mayan wrote:really nice laid back one...purrfect for that post-fourth head...and just the right amount of wonky skewdness working the subliminal edges.
Cheers mayan! Yeah, subliminal is the way I like a lot of stuff. A lot of the little snips and elements are barely intelligible, which I know drives some people mad, but to me musical things can be more magical when they are merely suggestive and the listener has to fill in some of the sounds with his/her imagination.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:but to me musical things can be more magical when they are merely suggestive and the listener has to fill in some of the sounds with his/her imagination.
:-o

Now you tell me!

You mean people don't like to be bombarded by hyperkinetic detail, completely overwhelming the sensorium???

8)

runny <3 polyslax

Return to “Music Cafe”