[ runagate ] - Ciselante Dirigible - now remixed

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there is something new in this, and it's so hard to find something new in music these days

maybe this is my favourite of you, my brain trickled me into thinking of a kid strumming on a toy xylophone while his dad is listening to bill frisel in one room and the mom is listening to some classical stuff in another room

I feel I must respond visually:

Image Image

Interesting track, got a bit loud/screamy/distorted in places though but definately different, in a good way ;)

poly, can I embed that pic in the mp3?
id3 let's you do that - I love it!

Atom, I tend not to use eq even though I know how to get rid of the shrill parts I rarely do. Dunno why.
liqih wrote:there is something new in this, and it's so hard to find something new in music these days
rick scott is holding down the fort on this issue, never fear.
liqih wrote: maybe this is my favourite of you, my brain trickled me into thinking of a kid strumming on a toy xylophone while his dad is listening to bill frisel in one room and the mom is listening to some classical stuff in another room
:lol: :hihi:

I like the remixed version much more. Hopefully there'll be boy and girl vocals soon.

bump in hopes of my KVR friends grabbing the updated version

Sorry runny, I grabbed it & forgot to come back to comment. :oops:

Anyhow- I don't really have any clever feedback for you, but the new version does sound better. And I still love this track. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

never heard the first version, but I do have a confession:
I wondered if your offerings might start to sound the same mostly because when I use so many effects it just starts to sound like a bunch of effects. But the gestalt of each runagate piece is remarkably different.

I use the word gestalt because German sounds smarter.

As for this dirigible- which I love as a name: I enjoyed the middle mellow section most. It was ambient that wouldn't let me stop to ponder the inner eye. Everytime I was just about to start thinking about dinner, a surprise. The 1st 1:30 didn't grab me, but by the return ~4:30 it struck my ear differently and worked.

thanks for the used item list, too. Do you disable everything except the channel you are working on to make the cpu strain bearable and hope the timing works?

viva la gate! :)

ouroboros wrote:I do have a confession: I wondered if your offerings might start to sound the same mostly because when I use so many effects it just starts to sound like a bunch of effects. But the gestalt of each runagate piece is remarkably different.

I use the word gestalt because German sounds smarter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think gestalt is a legitimate loanword in English now but still funny.

Well, even to me ouro, even to me. I oftentimes am startled by the weird differences in my songs when listened to in proximity to one another, and I imagine most people here listen to, at most, one of my weird headtrips once a month if they still voluntarily listen at all.

But that's also true of your music to non-weirdos. I may be the weirdos' weirdo in some ways, but just having uneven meters in a song will unsettle and discombobulate civilians and not allow them to store any other sensation of the song in long-term memory. This is why I am a tireless advocate of boycotting the spread of our commercial cultures' colonization of all musical taste with it's unilateralist, common time prison until such a time as exposure to a vastly greater variety of possibilities frees us from the wholly not-agreed-to conditioning that we've undergone since birth which causes us to reject everything but what is currently saleable.
ouroboros wrote:thanks for the used item list, too. Do you disable everything except the channel you are working on to make the cpu strain bearable and hope the timing works?

viva la gate! :)
viva la gate? :roll:

As to saving processor power: that's exactly what I used to do but now I have enough power to live audition several automated tracks at a time and just render audio to .wavs so I can at least actually hear all the parts at once while composing. The medium is dictating the aesthetic choices quite a bit less than before.

yummy runny weirdness, very musical in all it's nonsensical aesthetics :) enjoyed it :tu:
only criticism i could give is, the ending is too abrupt to my taste, but then again i'm an outro fetishist ;)

Revolution number 999
You can't always get what you waaaant...

cptgone wrote:yummy runny weirdness, very musical in all it's nonsensical aesthetics :) enjoyed it :tu:
only criticism i could give is, the ending is too abrupt to my taste, but then again i'm an outro fetishist ;)
Yeah, I know :oops:

Being that I'm my own audience and that I don't consider anything I make to be quite what I'm aiming at (don't get me wrong, I love these songs, but it's 50% compromise, making new things with what I have instead of making what I've always planned without the actual power to pull it off and just dying of frustration) so I tend to be highly amused by the abrupt transitions of one of my songs into another - a context that's lost when I post them here in isolation. Bear with me, this insanity will sprout fruit some day.

This piece is really full of colours.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

oohh. and oohh again. it stalls and starts flying again so nicely.

damn, will you ever let me drum on one of your tracks?

waiting man wrote: damn, will you ever let me drum on one of your tracks?
Every cell in my telepathic mind just exploded, telling me to check KVR!

Let you play drums?!?! I'm actually willing to just move to Italy if you can arrange for the fake passport/Visa stuff. I know nothing of documents or the like, being an USAer you don't really realize there's this extranational world out there.

P.S. you must check out justin's remix/recomposition it is insanely awesome, you'll love it.

runagate wrote:P.S. you must check out justin's remix/recomposition it is insanely awesome, you'll love it.
You're gonna make me blush! :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”