Minimal Click & Cut song need feedback :-)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I enjoyed the track.

But, I would love to hear a version of just the supplementary sounds, taking out the main piano and the kick. There's nothing wrong with the piano, of course, in some respects it makes the track, but I get the sense that it falls within your comfort zone. I'd like to hear what it sounds like when you remove that layer of comfort.

this is very sweet, nice production, and love the piano (not that i disagree with shamann as far as stripping it out for a bit).
Eins zwei drei vier funf sechs sieben acht

Other comments ?

C'est très bien.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

very well done Choc.......that's the kind of stuff i like.... :)
what did u used there in terms of samples/software?
Madness wrote:Quit stuffing around posting dumb questions ..... and get on with making music.

yes, what they said....nice work. Very comforting noize werk.
thanks for sharing
Jazzyspoon

Choc, yours is the first track I've downloaded from the Music Cafe forum (dial-up is hell, folks) and I'm glad I did. There's a wonderfully still quality to your track; I love how you managed to get such control over all the pops and clicks, whack in a modem - a sound I know only too well - and then weave a ghostly piano through it all. The mixing is terrific and it's a real late-night-pondering-the-meaning-of-life track. :)
Read reviews of free netlabel/Creative Commons music at Catching The Waves, a most amateurish free music blog. @catchingthewave

Jazzyspoon wrote:yes, what they said....nice work. Very comforting noize werk.
thanks for sharing
Jazzyspoon
I was thinking comforting as well, it is very warm for such a glitchy track. Though I must agree that dropping the piano out for more of the middle might add to the end of the track with the payoff of it returning. This one is staying the folder.
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

I'd have to stand in line here with Shamann in the sense that; I wouldn't really call this minimal. Way too much is happening in here for that. Check for instance Vladislav Delay who builds great tension in the silences. That said though I must say this was an enjoyable listen. I had heard the term clicks and cuts some 5 years ago and now realize what it entails. Then again I don't care to much for terms and genre-typing.

I like very much, reminds me of a desolate town suddenly overrun by zombies, something like 28 Days Later, or it's sequal. I love it. Maybe you'd be intersted in doing a collab?

Return to “Music Cafe”