Friends 4 Life Pt IV - Bouyancy of a Withered Heart

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Listening now...I think there's a magnificence to it. Mysterium tremendum...that sorta thing. I don't think anyone captures the sound of the Void with as much passion as you do, Sickle.

shamann wrote:Actually, I recant. It was in the first link that the alchemaic forum was born. Now to find the quote.
I'm f**king knackerd to find that part..I can't even find a search result for 'proof of concept', and most of my older search data is inaccessible.

T'was a brilliant act of bloodletting on Jame's part, tho, as he's pretty f**king capable when he picks up his scalpel here when the mood serves..

:hihi:

@mayan: Thanks very much for that. I think others are more capable by far of capturing 'The Void' in an archetypal fashion, but maybe I'm best for capturing my own personal one, and I'm satisfied with that.

For now.

Many thanks for listening, as always, friend.

Cheers,
D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

xander's a rope-sucker!!

:party:

Discuss.

:lol:

:x FOOKIN MADMAN!!!

Sickle wrote:T'was a brilliant act of bloodletting on Jame's part, tho, as he's pretty f**king capable when he picks up his scalpel here when the mood serves..

Steve's pretty good at that too. I recall getting caught between the two of them about one of my tracks once upon a time... i ended up not making music for a couple months afterwards.

[ xerocreep ] wrote:Steve's pretty good at that too. I recall getting caught between the two of them about one of my tracks once upon a time... i ended up not making music for a couple months afterwards.
:(

Sickle wrote:T'was a brilliant act of bloodletting on Jame's part, tho, as he's pretty f**king capable when he picks up his scalpel here when the mood serves.
Found it (after some doing, not sure why this site's indexing even on Google is so messed up):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125087
dystonia_ek wrote:Experimental music = music that functions as proof of concept and rarely much else
:hihi:

hahaha... It's ok. I take stuff too personally too often. Luckily I know that in advance and try to re-evaluate critiques in a more objective light once i realise I am over reacting to something

its that geeky little art-school boy deep down inside me. way more trouble than he's worth.

[ xerocreep ] wrote:hahaha... It's ok. I take stuff too personally too often. Luckily I know that in advance and try to re-evaluate critiques in a more objective light once i realise I am over reacting to something

its that geeky little art-school boy deep down inside me. way more trouble than he's worth.
I think I remember which bit set you off. Had something to do with mainstream sounds or the like.

rachmiel's response and the _ek follow up is a nice little endgame, too.
quote's on p.3, btw
..what goes around comes around..

shamann wrote:I think I remember which bit set you off. Had something to do with mainstream sounds or the like.
Yeah. Somehow comparisons to Nickleback were made...
My own logic failed me miserably.

Ah, those were the days. Back when I used to be able to actually make music, no matter how conventionally structured. I'd take that over the insanity that has consumed me for the last year or so now...

[ xerocreep ] wrote:Somehow comparisons to Nickleback were made
Yikes, now that's vicious.

oh god..wtf?

:scared: :lol: :scared:

long dark journey of the sickle soul.

an aural portrait of the movie.

i think you should get someone (or do it yourself) to make an abstract condensation of the visuals to go along with this and post it at youtube. lots of extreme slow motion and layering.

Return to “Music Cafe”