New chillout/ ambient track "Ocean of sounds"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
thanks for all feedback. :-)
I made a new version of "Ocean of sounds". I made the synth lead sound a lttle bit "thinner". It is now a 1 Osc. sound. Before it was a fat 2 Osc. sound. And at the end I added a PPG like sound from Predator.

http://www.4shared.com/file/20281084/19 ... ds_07.html

Hi Fette Töle, yes you are right the melody line sounds a little bit like a fanfare.
It was a little tribute from me to Rick Wakeman.
For that reason my song is not a pure ambient song. It is a crossmix from different styles I liked in the past: Ambient, Tangerine Dream, Rick Wakeman.

No comments for the new version?
Is it now better for you?

It reminds me of Elp's fanfare for the common man. i couldnt place the feel untill i read some ofthe other reviews.

I like the overall feel :) Good atmosphere...

Try experiment with other sounds for the leading parts. Flute'ish, Piano'ish, Plucked'ish, Just ideas :)

Hmmm i'm not much for the sequenced sweeping saw sound. But i like the lead saw

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Hi mkastrup,
thanks thanks for your tips. I will try some other sounds. But until yet I found no lead synth that works better for me in this song.

Gucky wrote:No comments for the new version?
Is it now better for you?
Sorry, since you didn't change the melody line, I couldn't be bothered to download the new version. As I wrote: just changing the lead sound, won't give you a big improvement IMHO.

FT

Any developments on this? I'm liking how its progressing. :)
Opax

Hi Opax,
at the moment I stopped working on "Ocean of sounds". I am making a new track with a combination of modern electronic music and medieval elements called "Lancelot".
Here is a first very rough mix:
http://www.4shared.com/file/20760766/3b ... ot_02.html
Last edited by Gucky on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ive just listened to it - its pretty good and I really enjoyed it. Im an ambient guy myself, but some of the sounds you use are too obtrusive for my taste. I prefer subtle and obscure sounds in my ambient pieces. I find that the trumpet lead is too "big". Other than that the mood and everything is great overall.

Hi Xolax,
thanks for your comment. The reason for the trumpet lead is that I am not an ambient musician. In "Ocean of sounds" I use only some ambient style elements.
My music roots are the Berlin school of Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Klaus Schulze....
But I also like to hear "new" ambient music. For that reason I like to make music that is a mix of different styles.

Gucky wrote:Hi Xolax,
thanks for your comment. The reason for the trumpet lead is that I am not an ambient musician. In "Ocean of sounds" I use only some ambient style elements.
My music roots are the Berlin school of Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Klaus Schulze....
But I also like to hear "new" ambient music. For that reason I like to make music that is a mix of different styles.
Oh, well then that explains it. Then you did a very good job. I can definetly hear some Tangerine Dream influence in there (I like TD very much myself). I can definetly see this as a success then. Sorry if my comment seemed negative :oops: I really like this piece regardless of it.

Return to “Music Cafe”