SIGHUP - face

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice pieces.xcellent atmospheres, and killer sound...
really enjoyed these trax!
JS

JacK_SoliuM wrote:nice pieces.xcellent atmospheres, and killer sound...
really enjoyed these trax!
JS
Thanks, Jack, glad you enjoyed them.

Face 1 is hypnotic to say the least....i know this isn't trance, but that could be exactly where it takes you 8)

I love the ringing frequencies in Face 2. I think this one is a little more penatrating...where with Face 1 you can relax more....this one demands a little more focus, which is a good thing imo :)

interesting and enjoyable as always shamann...thanks for sharing!
ITM: Inappropriate. Touching. Music.
electronic/hip hop
http://jazzyspoon.com/MELODAY.htm
http://www.myspace.com/mldy

Face one is very "falling asleep at my grandmothers house while my grandfather watches golf in the background and I dream of broken undersea windmills"
Face two is "what it feels like to be the ball bearing in a spray paint can thats being shaken in super slow motion"

I hope these vague imageries are not insulting, because they are what I saw in my mind.
I should go to sleep now....

Great use of your toys, by the way.

Meloday wrote:i know this isn't trance
The word trance for me was always associated with shamanistic trancing, not electronic music with lots of arpeggios and a kick on every downbeat. So I encourage everyone to try to reclaim the word back to the concept you describe.
Meloday wrote:I think this one is a little more penetrating
I think you're right, the sounds are less overtly presented, you have to struggle a bit to focus on them at times. Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear listening was worthwhile.
Jazzyspoon wrote:I hope these vague imageries are not insulting
Not in the least, thanks for sharing them.

"The word trance for me was always associated with shamanistic trancing, not electronic music with lots of arpeggios and a kick on every downbeat"

exactly....

"So I encourage everyone to try to reclaim the word back to the concept you describe."

i'm not even religious and i say.....amen!
Last edited by Meloday on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ITM: Inappropriate. Touching. Music.
electronic/hip hop
http://jazzyspoon.com/MELODAY.htm
http://www.myspace.com/mldy

been a while indeed...

good stuff though.
dirty in the right way, sounds like an old recording, deep thoughtful meandering "melody" on the broken piano? lovely stuff, a lot gentler than i am used to from you, no less interesting though.
really nice mix too, everything sitting out when it should.

straight to xen 8)

(face 1 btw)

vurt wrote:a lot gentler than i am used to from you
Yeah, I've gone all soft lately. I should do something loud and heavy again. The Noise-Free-For-Alls seems to have excised much of the need though. One of these days.

Thanks for listening, John.

shamann wrote:
vurt wrote:a lot gentler than i am used to from you
Yeah, I've gone all soft lately. I should do something loud and heavy again. The Noise-Free-For-Alls seems to have excised much of the need though. One of these days.

Thanks for listening, John.

one day i will make one of those free for alls even if its just for listening pleasure, they always seem to be at some ungodly am hour though, which isnt really "groovy" with the missus for noise makin :o

the other is somehwre in the playlist ill comment on that later ;)

These are both great tracks, with lots of cool stuff going on, but I too would say Face 2 "grabbed me" more. Really excellent work on both of them though. These would make good soundtrack music for surreal visuals.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

face 2 is weird, to begin with it shows up at 33mins in the playlist, thn as it plays drops down bit by bit till it reaches 8:25 and finishes...
pure trance 8)
as in drum circle/chimes, not glosticks :P

Face 1: Impressive blending of all the sound sources. A recording of an uneasy slither into sleep.

synthgeek wrote:These are both great tracks, with lots of cool stuff going on, but I too would say Face 2 "grabbed me" more. Really excellent work on both of them though. These would make good soundtrack music for surreal visuals.
Thanks, nice of you to say.
vurt wrote:to begin with it shows up at 33mins
That's sometimes a side effect of VBR mp3s. I'm not sure why it happens on some files, but not others.
Genetic_Junk wrote:Face 1: Impressive blending of all the sound sources. A recording of an uneasy slither into sleep.
Some of the sounds on Face 1 remind me of some of your sample packs, have that same fumbly, improbable quality.

Track 2 is looping and gells flawlessly with the surreality I'm feeling right now losing my animal.

Thanks for the therapy.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

I'm generally terrible at condolences (as you might have noticed from from my short response at Vae Solis), so it's good to know these have provided some comfort.

Return to “Music Cafe”