Space - Dance/Trance. First on KVR

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just listened to it (albiet at a low volume cause it's late here)

It's good, its pretty damn good yeah.
As some have stated synth lines seem a little dry, arpy one in particular, also it seems to much in the front of the mix mostly noticable when the main lead is in. (try reverb, or perhaps a delay line with filt cut off, kjaerhus delay would be excellent(free too) ).
Really really like the lead synth sound, nice hipass, smooth sounding, not brittle as can be the case with some hi pitch/hi passed trance melodys.

Needs some more fx elements around it, by fx elements I mean sweeps, swirls and motion etc. Get playing with those LFO's, mods and such.

Some more slight perc elements would be nice I can see a verbed perc element sitting really nice in this.

And finally some more structure to the arrangment, A climax, build up perhaps filter those arps in slowly over time. hit the breakdown, some silence? pads? then break out with that main lead? Just some basic suggestions to keep things flowing.

Hope I wasn't too critical sir, just throwing some suggestions around that could improve the already good foundations of a nice track.

EDIT: What gear are ya using?

keep attention to the chords/scales. some synths are way off and just sound disharmonic. i know it's not easy if you're playing multi melodies at the same time.

Coxy wrote:Just listened to it (albiet at a low volume cause it's late here)

It's good, its pretty damn good yeah.
As some have stated synth lines seem a little dry, arpy one in particular, also it seems to much in the front of the mix mostly noticable when the main lead is in. (try reverb, or perhaps a delay line with filt cut off, kjaerhus delay would be excellent(free too) ).
Really really like the lead synth sound, nice hipass, smooth sounding, not brittle as can be the case with some hi pitch/hi passed trance melodys.

Needs some more fx elements around it, by fx elements I mean sweeps, swirls and motion etc. Get playing with those LFO's, mods and such.

Some more slight perc elements would be nice I can see a verbed perc element sitting really nice in this.

And finally some more structure to the arrangment, A climax, build up perhaps filter those arps in slowly over time. hit the breakdown, some silence? pads? then break out with that main lead? Just some basic suggestions to keep things flowing.

Hope I wasn't too critical sir, just throwing some suggestions around that could improve the already good foundations of a nice track.

EDIT: What gear are ya using?
Thanks! The more I listen to it, the more I start to realize things that nag, and one of them being the arp during the intro, its a little too pronounced yeah. I completely appreciate the crit though! nice one!

Ableton. Vanguard. Nexus. Battery 3. There the main ones anyway. Theres a host of others here an all I don't tend to use. Tyring to limit myself to just a few VST's and get to know them well enough before I go on to try others. I'll give that kjaerhus a shot.

sorry, it took a bit to get back to you on this. much improvement on the new mix!

Return to “Music Cafe”