Racist

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bad english language. :D

I'm seated in the grass and I'm looking the estuary, in Gironde. Nice colors.
And I think.
Yesterday, I've listened a woman narrate a joke about jews people. One more.
I don't like these jokes. And I say it.
This woman says "You haven't humour, Daniel. Do you know, I can narrate jokes about jews, arabian or handicapped people, but I like jews, arabian or handicapped people ! In my heart, I'm clean, I respect them !"
Yes. I'm not sure.
All these jokes are strange, glaucous. But people like these jokes. They say that is laugh for survive.
In France, there's a lot of jokes about minorities. Always minorities.

My musical piece is a piece for two clarinets and two pianos. It's called " Estuaire ".
The instruments are my thought about intolerance. Or about jokes of "clean" people.
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com/06tele ... tuaire.mp3
... or click on the picture.

This picture isn't mine.

Daniel

awww youre so cute.

seriously, this is beautifully done.

as for rascism, I got in a lot of trouble for having a black girlfriend when I was 14 (1969).
Jump ahead 30 yrs; my daughter had a black boyfriend. I didn't mind.
When he took her to meet his family, they got very angry because she was white.

very nice. What synths/libraries/instruments did you use to record this?

I usually don't like this kind of jokes myself but that's not always a big deal. They can carry some prejudice but are not always meant in a disrespectful way.
When women joke about men is it sexism ?
Still I agree some of them are nasty.

What synths/libraries/instruments did you use to record this?
The clarinets are a nice SF2 from :
http://www.sf2midi.com
In "search", do "Maestro". There's three differents clarinets. Big files !
The cellos are SF2 also from this site : "Sinfon36.sf2"
They can carry some prejudice but are not always meant in a disrespectful way.
I'm sure people must learn or integrate empathy.
They must think that their jokes are sometimes painful for others.
OK, Ghost19, you're right. Not always in a disrespectful way, but... they can carry some prejudice.
Some jokes are bullets for minorities.

Daniel

We need to mix our races, then we will all be brown... :D

Seriously, racist are ignorant people. Nice composition.

I think the problem is not only about races.

Differences. We don't know accept the differences.
"This man isn't like me". An alien. Suspicion.
And jokes to hide the suspicion.

Daniel

Really nice composition, downloaded it last night but only listened to it today. Definitely emotional qualities to it, especially in the piano.

Good english language :D

Great to make such a song. Over the last years more and more people seemed to drown anything in what they called "ironic behaviour", being in reality a kind of inhuman sarcasm that didn't care for NOTHING. In Germany (at least at university) you hear racist remarks not against jewish people right now (simply because of our history, has there been uglier racism anywhere in the world since history began than in Germany). You hear it against moslems right now, and the hateful remarks or bad jokes are tolerated well in the media.

I don't take them very serious after years of getting angry though, because I know now that 90% of those people go with the changing wind. Postmodernists loved to bash left wing-minorities in Europe and the USA, and if the wind changed the same people would bash postmodernists, and so on.
It's just not nice to live with such people, and they are not happy or funny.

I might be wrong, but it isn't enough to just tell people their bloody jokes aren't funny. They know that. They don't want to be funny, they want to be well-liked. And not only stupid racists, it was just the same with people like Andy Warhol or Foucault. (That's what makes it more difficult...we tend to adore people who are using elbows to "make it to the top faster than the others", and it is called "uncool" to think about this. Possible way out is to ask "why should it be cool to bash someone because he likes Warhol's pictures but not his egomanic behaviour?")

Your song is haunting :D , I like it. Reminds me of a lake in my home ("Palatine, soutwest of Germany, near to northern France) in autumn. Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

edit :oops:

Klemperer wrote:Good english language :D

Great to make such a song. Over the last years more and more people seemed to drown anything in what they called "ironic behaviour", being in reality a kind of inhuman sarcasm that didn't care for NOTHING. In Germany (at least at university) you hear racist remarks not against jewish people right now (simply because of our history, has there been uglier racism anywhere in the world since history began than in Germany). You hear it against moslems right now, and the hateful remarks or bad jokes are tolerated well in the media.

I don't take them very serious after years of getting angry though, because I know now that 90% of those people go with the changing wind. Postmodernists loved to bash left wing-minorities in Europe and the USA, and if the wind changed the same people would bash postmodernists, and so on.
It's just not nice to live with such people, and they are not happy or funny.

I might be wrong, but it isn't enough to just tell people their bloody jokes aren't funny. They know that. They don't want to be funny, they want to be well-liked. And not only stupid racists, it was just the same with people like Andy Warhol or Foucault. (That's what makes it more difficult...we tend to adore people who are using elbows to "make it to the top faster than the others", and it is called "uncool" to think about this. Possible way out is to ask "why should it be cool to bash someone because he likes Warhol's pictures but not his egomanic behaviour?")

Your song is haunting :D , I like it. Reminds me of a lake in my home ("Palatine, soutwest of Germany, near to northern France) in autumn. Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
Schorsch, you're in the circle:
a)Postmodernists loved to bash leftwing-minorities.
b)Postmodernists aren't postmodernists.
c)Postmodernists, who aren't postmodernists would love to bash postmodernists.
What's wrong here? A mixing of classifications.
If you take the expression 'postmodernist' seriously, you would have three different classes of postmodernists: People, who have a certain philosophical background, people, who pretend to have a certain philosophical background and people, who are considered to have a certain philosophical background for a certain time. When you say now, the main issue of postmodernism is not to have a certain philosophical background, than you could be right, but then the image of postmodernism you built vanishes in the haze and it's obvious: The only postmodernist is you.

Beside of that:

The song is quite beautiful, especially the piano. The atmosphere reminds me of places i love and i can smell green grass and wet branches...and some desire and sadness.
"It dreamed itself along"

Over the last years more and more people seemed to drown anything in what they called "ironic behaviour", being in reality a kind of inhuman sarcasm that didn't care for NOTHING
Yes, I think like you. But it's very dangerous because we don't know how and where finish the "ironic behaviour". Or, yes, we know it's without end.
a lake in my home
A lake ? You have a lake ? Wao, happy man !
I want to know you more. :)

---------------------------------

Guys, thank's for kind comments.
I like the clarinet SF2, because it's no perfect. We can listen the "tpt" on the lips. :D
Now, I must find a clarinetist to play this piece.

Daniel

I think politically incorrect jokes are fine - as long as the one telling them is unbiased. Check out a few of Sarah Silverman's stand up performances and you know what I mean. She's great.

As for the postmodernists, those people are often part of the left-wing. On the barking-mad end of the left-wing, but still there. Their reality-denial has a lot in common with convervativism, but they're not to be confused, as it is a different brand.

BTW, daniel, do you still want that poem read? I didn't get to record it (trouble with the preamp) but will do it if you still need it.

Return to “Music Cafe”