just finsihed a new rock album...for free.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Everybody!
I have a solo project called Cadence that I work on in my spare time. I just finished a new compilation of songs from last year that I'm putting up for free download at http://www.cadrock.com

I would love your opinions about the overall sound and direction of the project. I'm fairly new at mixing/engineering and self taught in all aspects of music (including recording). Of course, kvraudio.com can be a pretty incredible teacher from time to time.

take care!

p.s.
for all that don't want to download a zip file etc. you can go to
http://www.myspace.com/eversincejuly to hear a few of the tracks (in crappy streaming quality!)

G'day mate,

You have a really unique voice - I like it :) It reminds me a little of the lead singer of Placebo, and occasionally of Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins.

About the main thing which bugs me is the out of time drumming (listening to the myspace versions, by the way) - there's nothing wrong with careful quantisation, you know ;-) Mostly referring to Change in Colors and When Forgery is Legal.

Are you autotuning your voice at all? I think I can detect some artifacts here and there (particularly on Coffee Rd), which could be an artistic decision (or I could be wrong), but just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, promising stuff - keep it up!

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Hey,
this is good stuff!
You did a good job on producing/mixing it too. 8)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

thanks you so much...at this point i feel pretty confident in my song writing etc...it's just the mixing and production i'm weary of so thanks for the compliment!

take care!

I really like this. I'm listening to Change in Colors and it's making me feel good. Because I like this song so much I'm downloading the album. Almost reminds me of older Saves the Day, back when they were good and I liked them and before emo was a phase, haha. I do understand that might sound like an insult but I think it's a compliment.

This music makes me feel good and that's enough for me to like it. I hope the rest of the songs are upbeat like this. I could use a little sound like this in my life.

haha, well i'm glad you like Change In Colors so much! I too used to love Saves the Day's older stuff. Definitely an influence of mine. A few of the other tracks are as upbeat, but I'd say about half definitely are not. Either way please give me your feedback about both the mix/production, and the songs themselves.

I'm currently at a point in my life where I need to decide whether or not I'm going to push full time into music, or full time into network engineering.

Take care!

how come so many musicians also follow careers in computer fields?! (myself included!) ;P I love the music and that's what counts most. I spend too much effort on production and the music lacks some times. Anywho, the production is great, it's clear enough, there's a full range of sound, nothing is overbearing, it's more than just your average mix though, the main parts are actually the main focus , the reverb isnt to heavy, the vocals are promiment, and again, awesome work with the music! :)

Hey.....that's some really sweet stuff mate :)
All sounds very good here to be an homemade mix,clear, voice on front, cool stuff :)
Keep up!
Madness wrote:Quit stuffing around posting dumb questions ..... and get on with making music.

thanks so much everyone! Any more comments are, of course, welcome. I'm so glad people are enjoying the tracks. I remember about a year and a half ago when I posted up a song it was criticized pretty harshly. I took the advise, worked hard, and here I am reading some positive reviews.

thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”