Polyslax - Manifestation / Telephone Bitch

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Down tempo, some ethno feel, some epiano, glitchy bits etc...

Manifestation

128 bit .mp3
6.8 mb
7:28 mins

...and a mini bonus track that I don't know what to do with... mid tempo freak-out... just something I had to get out of my system between mellow takes. :D

Telephone Bitch

128 bit .mp3
1.5 mb
1:36 mins
Image Image

manifestation

aha ... high frequencies. :-) sounds like a live electro jazz ensemble, which is true for a lot of your music. like the sizzly groove, like the bass line but it wears a bit thin after a while (a bit of variation or dropout would take care of this), love most of the solo improvs. question: do you play your solo lines live? then edit them? or compose them note by note in a midi sequencer?

telephone bitch

love it, as you knew i would. :-) you've got a fabulous rhythmic imagination. can i have the uncompressed file? i'd like to try a few things. ;-)

rachmiel wrote:manifestation

aha ... high frequencies. :-) sounds like a live electro jazz ensemble, which is true for a lot of your music. like the sizzly groove, like the bass line but it wears a bit thin after a while (a bit of variation or dropout would take care of this), love most of the solo improvs. question: do you play your solo lines live? then edit them? or compose them note by note in a midi sequencer?
Yes, tried to retain some highs (thanx!). :lol: yeah, the bass line, I was going to say in my post that rarely in the history of music has someone tried so hard to milk 2 chords! I had some additional bass parts which I trashed as I felt they didn't work, and settled for the one drop out near the beginning. Yes, and please don't mistake this for brashness, but I play my solos live, no editing, no quantization, and usually one quick take... I'm one that finds the inspiration melts away the more I practice something, so I'd usually rather leave a wart-covered but inspired solo in rather than trying to micro-edit it into perfection.
rachmiel wrote:telephone bitch

love it, as you knew i would. :-) you've got a fabulous rhythmic imagination. can i have the uncompressed file? i'd like to try a few things. ;-)
Yes, figured this could be up your alley. :) Thanks! ...and I'll be in touch about the file.
Image Image

> play my solos live, no editing

thought they were live ... but i figured you edited. nice to hear someone doing computer music who can actually play a keyboard/guitar. ;-)

rachmiel wrote:can i have the uncompressed file?)
Figured I'd throw it out to everyone in case others may be interested:

http://www.zoozither.com/rachmiel/telephonebitch.wav

16.2 mb

Enjoy!
Image Image

thanks. :-)

It's been some while since I properly sat down for some polyslax tunage
When manifestation started I personally wasnt too keen on the drums (which is more a personal taste thing) but I have to say that throughout you're knack for percussive accompaniement is quite fitting. I quite enjoyed the dissonant synth lines and the slight Eastern feel this brought.

And despite my previous talk of percussion and personal taste I quite liked the little drummer boy excersize or exorsize. Fun!

Hey thank you mystahr, much appreciated!
Image Image

nice. Just nice. Enjoying my morning ritual of coffee and sunlight here with your new tune.
Perfect backdrop. Thanks you. Great work, as always.
Jazzy

p.s. telephone bitch - the title cracked me up, but the beat is nicely edited. Real groove happening. Snapped it up.

Coffee and sunlight..thats an idea..

Downloaded and will have a listen today :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Jazzyspoon wrote:nice. Just nice. Enjoying my morning ritual of coffee and sunlight here with your new tune.
Perfect backdrop. Thanks you. Great work, as always.
Jazzy

p.s. telephone bitch - the title cracked me up, but the beat is nicely edited. Real groove happening. Snapped it up.
Appreciate the feedback bruv!
Image Image

musikmachine wrote:Coffee and sunlight..thats an idea..

Downloaded and will have a listen today :)
Cool - cheers!
Image Image

nice one, poly!
No movies in the mind this time, but did get the strange sensation of tasting cinammon toast...don't know why, but.
And the two chords, when trying out presets I tend to just play exactly like you did here, same tempo and all...and I improvise solos like hell, but I've never actually made a tune from it all. So, naturally I really liked this, and all it's wonderful sounds.

These are both out of control! The kind of stuff that makes me want to quit music and practice what I'm really good at... masturbating.

Manifestation is an awesome display of you keyboard virtuosity and Telephone Bitch is beat glitching heaven for me.

Thanks

3am

2 more great pieces from Polyslax the Prolific. :) Both thoroughly enjoyable. Lots of cool stuff going on in both of these- I just wish Telephone Bitch was longer.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Return to “Music Cafe”