Video game vids (The Unsigned)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

Just thought I'd post these links to some videos. They're our entries to the Xbox soundtracks competition, which we entered a few months ago. The entries that made it through aren't there anymore but you can view the winner when they announce it on http://www.xbox.com/music sometime this month.

You might not think they're very good, but they're our first attempts at trying to put some music to a video and they (the "tracks") were especially written for the themes, so give them a listen. They're worth a watch anyway, even just to laugh at them :lol:

A rate or comment on Youtube would be nice, even if you're just calling it a load of old cobblers :hihi:

'Too Human'

'The Mech God'

'The End (Halo 3)'

Cheers,

John

P3U6!SUn 3H+

the music to "the end" (helo 3) fits very well to the video I think. Good work, some nice ideas!

Klemperer wrote:the music to "the end" (helo 3) fits very well to the video I think. Good work, some nice ideas!
Hi Klemperer,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. It's our favourite too. 'Too Human' was the first attempt, 'The Mech God' was more of a focus on SFX rather than music (the video is out of sync with the music on viewing it now). 'The End' was all about the music and we edited it to go with the Halo 3 video and just added a few sound FX. We'd love to make a fully blown version of it with our own epic video, it might happen sometime. We can understand the others not making it through, but we're still baffled as to why The End was snubbed in comparison with a lot of the other entries that made it through. Nevermind.

Regards,

John,

P3U6!SUn 3H+

The Unsigned wrote: We can understand the others not making it through, but we're still baffled as to why The End was snubbed in comparison with a lot of the other entries that made it through. Nevermind.

Regards,

John,

P3U6!SUn 3H+
Style over substance. Maybe some politics. Take the worst thing that comes to mind and know that you're just being too optimistic.

But I liked yours. I don't think this place deserves it.

Maybe that's a better way for you to go, inspired by movie's/videos/video games or perhaps sections of books. The End didn't have the negatives I mentioned on some of your earlier stuff. Maybe the drum beat sounded a little generic right at the beginning, but at 25 seconds in that's no longer a concern.

Have you done anymore songs with vocals since In Vain BTW?

Hi Jay,

Hope everything is good over where you're at. Thanks for the positive response, I'm pretty much overwhelmed by what you said :) First I'll talk about 'The End'; it was pretty much a rush job, we rushed it so we could enter by the entry date of the competition, then guess what they did? They added almost another month to the deadline. I would have liked to have had a few subtle changes with the pads/bass and some tom rolls with the drums etc. The drums came about when I was listening to some Indie from the 90s (The Verve, Oasis), I made the bass and put a "real" sounding beat with it and we then added the pad. Then Michael put the guitar with it and added the sound FX and ending. To say it was rushed in a space of a few days, it still sounds pretty tight. We're seriously considering remaking it properly; giving it the time it deserves.

Regarding songs with lyrics. We haven't finished any as such, but we've got a few on the line that we're working on as we speak. One called 'Icon' that I wrote in 2004, which we've since wrote some lyrics to (it's an abstract rock-type song at 95bpm but without guitars; sounds strange, but it's one of our best songs from that year; the story is pretty similar to In Vain). We have a few that Michael has written; 'Life is not a game' (a really emotional song), 'American' (a pretty controversial tune that Americans will either hate us for or realise that what we're saying is pretty much true; We'd guess the former) and a few that we've worked on together; 'Soul' (a classic rock tune that we've been trying to perfect for years), 'No talent at all'; We're trying to get a local club/pub (it's more of a music fraternity for local indie talent) to let us record a video there, the song is basically about how we've been snubbed time after time and the video will be be really funny when you see what we do at a "talent contest" (I won't spoil it). I've nothing to let you hear right now I'm afraid. All of these tracks (and the video if all goes well), plus a few more should be on our new album "PVM". I'll post some stuff here when it's complete, but we've pretty much got our heads down at the moment trying to perfect and finish everything.

Take care,

John,

P3U6!SUn 3H+

Return to “Music Cafe”