Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
polyslax
KVRAF

8072 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:14 pm Polyslax - Subconsciously Aware

Down tempo, a track mostly about delay, really.

Subconsciously Aware

128 bit .mp3
8 mb
8:43 mins

Thanks for listening! :)
Image Image
JacK_SoliuM
KVRian

685 posts since 7 Mar, 2007, from FRANCE

Postby JacK_SoliuM; Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:20 pm

wow! :shock: ...these rhythms....!!!!
excellent!
it sounds so good, and so glitchy!! i must say : polyslax at its best!
congrats and thanx for this one!
Jack-
runagate
KVRAF

10107 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Austin, TX

Postby runagate; Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:17 pm

tag for later

please don't let me miss anything of yours poly!
pdxindy
KVRAF

13716 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:01 pm

sweet... really like this one...

what did you use for the various sounds? particularly that trumpet-like sound?

thanks for posting your music
ouroboros
KVRAF

7877 posts since 16 Apr, 2003, from -on the outside looking in

Postby ouroboros; Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 pm

yes, I liked this a lot.
if this makes sense: the tunes of yours I like best have a great way of integrating from the top down. Organic with tech-y sounds, slow pace with jittery beats. quite a balancing act :)
synthgeek
KVRAF

2297 posts since 17 May, 2002, from up on Cripple Creek (CO)

Postby synthgeek; Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 pm

Just a touch more abstract than most of your work I think, but just as cool. Love the sounds in here, and it has a great feel overall, kinda cavernous.
the synthgeek pages - plugins, samples, etc.
music | blog | more music
Jazzyspoon
KVRAF

4797 posts since 14 Jun, 2004, from Denver, CO

Postby Jazzyspoon; Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:02 pm

sweeeeeeet. Must save this for morning coffee time. Really great sounds and structures. I want to move to Canada.
polyslax
KVRAF

Postby polyslax; Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:30 am

JacK_SoliuM wrote:wow! :shock: ...these rhythms....!!!!
excellent!
it sounds so good, and so glitchy!! i must say : polyslax at its best!
congrats and thanx for this one!
Jack-

Thanks Jack, glad you liked it!

runagate wrote:tag for later

please don't let me miss anything of yours poly!

Not to worry.

pdxindy wrote:sweet... really like this one...

what did you use for the various sounds? particularly that trumpet-like sound?

thanks for posting your music

Cheers pdx! Haven't seen you around for a bit... the lead sounds were all from MOTU's Ethno - 2 saxophones and a flute.

ouroboros wrote:yes, I liked this a lot.
if this makes sense: the tunes of yours I like best have a great way of integrating from the top down. Organic with tech-y sounds, slow pace with jittery beats. quite a balancing act :)

Thank you ouroboros! I do love that combination of organic and electronic - glad this one worked for you!

synthgeek wrote:Just a touch more abstract than most of your work I think, but just as cool. Love the sounds in here, and it has a great feel overall, kinda cavernous.

Thanks synthgeek! Yes, guess I could have said it's got more of an abstract ambient feel... brain was so fried at the point I posted that all I could say was down tempo! :lol:

Jazzyspoon wrote:sweeeeeeet. Must save this for morning coffee time. Really great sounds and structures. I want to move to Canada.

Thanks Jazzy! Hey come on up - you're already used to the snow! And if runagate comes up as well... could be a party!
Image Image
cptgone
KVRAF

4804 posts since 1 Aug, 2003, from kingdom of plop

Postby cptgone; Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:44 am

enjoyed it, esp. the mood, i like abstract music with 'weird' rhythms :)
thanks for the DL!
Imagesoniclove.net
this post may contain traces of coherence
mystahr
KVRAF

7550 posts since 8 Nov, 2003, from Netherlands

Postby mystahr; Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 am

a somewhat odd combination of brass and glitch, but like cpt I love weird and abstract stuff. It might even make an appearance on NTNS.
justin3am
KVRAF

10416 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:01 am

What an awsome atmosphere! I feel all sticky from the humidty regardless of the fact that I'm in a dry, air-conditioned room. The rhythmic droplets are sick. I love how they get dropped and sucked back up and then stuttered.

What reverb do you usually use? They always sound so dense and amazing.

3am
rachmiel
KVRAF

3704 posts since 29 Jan, 2005, from rochester, ny

Postby rachmiel; Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:29 pm

another gourmet polyslax stew ... :-) the dubby reverb acts like a sauce holding everything together. alive, like a musical organism. love the bass note, but does it (almost) clip/distort? hard to tell. your songs almost make me think of a jazz trio/quartet performing live. i think you should abandon all your worldly goods, put together an electro-jazz band, and tour europe. (i hear the groupies are hot.)
runagate
KVRAF

10107 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Austin, TX

Postby runagate; Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:39 pm

I'm definitely ready to abandon my life and tour with poly as soon as I get my new gear. Can Canadians get visas to visit other countries??
sloworm
KVRian

1022 posts since 14 Feb, 2005, from Concord, CA

Postby sloworm; Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:17 pm

why about delay, did delay touch you?

yea this is kinda sexy, nice use of sounds and subtleties. it is a really soothing and sexy soundscape.
polyslax
KVRAF

Postby polyslax; Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:49 pm

cptgone wrote:enjoyed it, esp. the mood, i like abstract music with 'weird' rhythms :)
thanks for the DL!

Thanks cpt!

mystahr wrote:a somewhat odd combination of brass and glitch, but like cpt I love weird and abstract stuff. It might even make an appearance on NTNS.

Great! Thanks for the feedback mystahr. ( :oops: What's NTNS?)

justin3am wrote:What an awsome atmosphere! I feel all sticky from the humidty regardless of the fact that I'm in a dry, air-conditioned room. The rhythmic droplets are sick. I love how they get dropped and sucked back up and then stuttered.

What reverb do you usually use? They always sound so dense and amazing.

3am

Thanks Justin! That's Altiverb on the reverb.

rachmiel wrote:another gourmet polyslax stew ... :-) the dubby reverb acts like a sauce holding everything together. alive, like a musical organism. love the bass note, but does it (almost) clip/distort? hard to tell. your songs almost make me think of a jazz trio/quartet performing live. i think you should abandon all your worldly goods, put together an electro-jazz band, and tour europe. (i hear the groupies are hot.)

Hmmm, maybe I could sell my kids to the Gypsies... :wink: Thanks Rick! The bass - it's just a rather hot sample, but not clipping in the track - I love it too.

runagate wrote:I'm definitely ready to abandon my life and tour with poly as soon as I get my new gear. Can Canadians get visas to visit other countries??

I'd have to clear it with the Mounties first! :lol:

sloworm wrote:why about delay, did delay touch you?

yea this is kinda sexy, nice use of sounds and subtleties. it is a really soothing and sexy soundscape.

Nah, just about delay fx. Thanks sloworm!
Image Image
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe