New Director Artist Relations, A&R, Yay! Would you use this?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

Would You as an Artist or Affiliate use this program?

Yes, pure and simple, it makes sense and I would use this.
No votes
I would use this but (fill in the blank as to your concerns).
17%
As and Artist, I would definitely use this.
No votes
I would not use this program. (Please explain why)
83%

Total votes: 6

RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the products we are working on is called Music Reports - since I am under NDA, I can only give generalizations.

Basically it works in two ways, for Artists and an affiliate program (Indie Artists).

The Artist program allows you for $10.00 a month.
1. Lets you visually see who has you music (GLOBAL)
2. What kind of music your typical fan has.
3. In what countries or regions are you popular
4. How similiar sounding music stacks up.

The affiliate program is basically for labels, (Indies first, then the majors) where for every artist they sign up, the get a one time $5.00 check.

Just so you know the data comes from The US to Norway and everything in between.

Within the reports is something called "reach" - this os an indication of how many times we have encountered your track in software (MP3 players as well) around the world that use our technology. The mixer, which we offer for free, analizes your music. We are also making plug-ins for the major music digital download stores - I will leave it to you to figure out who I am talking about.

Also, this report includes "similar track" which shows you what song (acoustically) your song sound like (compared to other songs).

I am including a image of snapshots that I put together - - remember, this is just a snapshot of various screens, the program itself is interactive via flash/html so you can do quite a few things for your songs.

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... ineff8.gif

Give it a second or 4 to load, I wanted to include as much as possible - -so its 1900 across.

File size is only 284K, but others may be accessing it at the same time.

Also, if you are an artist, email me for now at frankii@mac.com and I will see if I can get you set up to see the beta site and take it for a test run.

Well one No vote but no explanations! Hmmmmmm, please tell me why this would not be of a good value to you!
Thanks ! ! ! Did I post this in the wrong forum!?

I don't see anywhere in the voting thingy to add any comments.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:I don't see anywhere in the voting thingy to add any comments.
You just add the comments here. Ironically, over at another high traffic music forum (and these are for the most part full time foley, post, people). the poll is at 80% would use it. Interesting. How it can change from one to another.

Maybe there aren't as many independent artists here or something! I mean, this program tracks every one of your songs, where it has been downloaded, where it compares to the users playlists, how many hits globally you can get and then you could write the songs that are being downloaded more and scrap the others, you could see what towns, states have the highest downloads, and take out small press releases, build fan base in that particular spot, and increase your audience.

Maybe I explained it incorrect?

Here is the FAQ!

Maybe this will explain it better. On the other sites, and some major labels, have been saying, this is exactly what they need, its like soundscan but only on a download vs a purchased album.

The FAQ:

eneral
What is reporting and why do I need it?
Where does the data come from?
Where can I get MusicIP's technology?
Why can't I find my music?
How does MusicIP classify genre?
Who do I contact with questions?

Adding and Removing Artists
Can I change the artists I am subscribed to?
How do I switch artists that I'm getting reports on?
I'm trying to add tracks by another artist and it's saying that I don't have available subscriptions. What does that mean?
I removed all tracks by an artist, but I'm still paying reports by that artist. What gives?
Why can't I downgrade to 0 subscriptions in my account?

Accounts & Billing
How much does it cost?
What credit cards do you accept?
When is my credit card billed?
What happens with my billing if I add another artist in the middle of my billing cycle?
What if I add and remove an artist before a full billing cycle ends?
Can I cancel my account?
Do I get billed for another month if I cancel my account or unsubscribe from an artist?

Reports
What is reach, and what does it mean?
What is a musically similar track?
What is Google Earth?
What is the map and what does it tell me?
What is the pie chart for traffic and what does it tell me?
What is the bar graph for traffic and what does it tell me?
What is the pie chart for genres and what does it tell me?
What is the bar graph for genres and what does it tell me?

Affiliates
How do I join the affiliate program?
How much can I earn as an affiliate?
When do I get paid?
How do I track my earnings?
What information do you need from me?
How does MusicIP track my performance as an affiliate?
What if someone clicks through my link, but doesn't buy right away?
How do I cancel my affiliate account?
Why do you need my Federal Tax ID?
Hey wait, I'm not in the US, so I don't have a Federal Tax ID. Can I still be an affiliate?
How will I receive my commission?

General

What is reporting and why do I need it?
If you're an artist, your music is your business and you need a way of measuring how well your business is doing. Reports provide you with track-by-track statistics, so you can see, on a global scale:

Who has your music
What kind of music your typical fan has
In what countries or regions are you popular
How similar-sounding music stacks up
MusicIP's Reporting Services can help you make decisions about where to tour, how well your current promotions are working, where your advertising will be most successful, and how to market yourself.
Where does the data come from?
Our data comes from anonymous users around the World, sent to us by applications using MusicIP's technology. All the data we use is represented throughout the reports by the term "total MusicIP traffic."
While it does depend on whether people are using products with our technology to identify your tracks, we do have quite a lot of information available to us. As we release more ways in which music fans can use our playlist generation technology, or purchase MP3 players with our products on them, the more data we will have.
Here's a breakdown of our traffic for the top 10 countries:

Rank Country Hits (%)
1 United States 36.397
2 United Kingdom 11.682
3 Germany 9.330
4 Canada 4.567
5 Netherlands 4.264
6 Sweden 3.344
7 France 3.297
8 Australia 2.867
9 Belgium 1.665
10 Norway 1.375

i voted no because i make music for people to listen to if they happen to hear it.
i honestly dont care about facts and figures, whether its 1 person(likely) or a million(unlikely for me) it really doesnt matter.
i have no reason to spend money to find these things out if im not interested.
sorry but thats how i roll :)

for the people intereste in sales figures and popularity demographs im sure it would be great :)

vurt wrote:i voted no because i make music for people to listen to if they happen to hear it.
i honestly dont care about facts and figures, whether its 1 person(likely) or a million(unlikely for me) it really doesnt matter.
i have no reason to spend money to find these things out if im not interested.
sorry but thats how i roll :)

for the people intereste in sales figures and popularity demographs im sure it would be great :)

+1
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

I have webalizer and aw stats and other info/trackers for my website that are free, what does your service provide about my traffic that I can't get from them or need? And what other high traffic music forum? I would like to check your references.

Maybe there aren't as many independent artists here or something!

Maybe.

Lemme know!

retroz wrote:Ironically, over at another high traffic music forum (and these are for the most part full time foley, post, people). the poll is at 80% would use it. Interesting. How it can change from one to another.
I see a total of 5 votes right now; not enough to be statistically significant.

I voted no because I am a hobbyist, and don't create music for money, so there's not much incentive to pay for a service like this.

I already get all this for free from last.fm...

On the other hand, I don't get all of it on last.fm. Specifying at the state/province level would be useful.

And of course last.fm shows what people are listening to, not what they own.

Return to “Music Cafe”