Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

7801 posts since 6 Oct, 2003, from Quebec

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:13 pm mini impro on ESX and KAOSS Pad3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ksp-FZ2lU
all live no edit
about 4 patterns i made quick quick, it's an extract of about 10 minutes out of 30 or so i recorded, but had to cut cause of you tube limit, couple of mistake, but hey it's been 3 years I hadnt play my hardware
Instruments
ESX MKII Drums
Kp2 Delay
KP3 FX
on the table
JX-3P Pad
DX-21 Organ
on their stand behind
DBX 266 Trance gate
MKS-50 U Know
TX81-Z Bas
MFC-42 Bass Filter
Motu Traveler Mixer
in the rack
Last edited by Muzik 4 Machines on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:35 pm

edited
raikard233
KVRian

737 posts since 14 Apr, 2004, from Rome

Postby raikard233; Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Nice!!
This things inspiring me to return to hw, to be more precise, to make an hybrid live hw and sw!
(i'm eating my hands...2 years ago i've sold my kp2 to buy a midi keyboard that today have almost all non-working keys...edirol pcr30:cry: )
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 pm

i"m seriously thinking about using ableton live as my sequencer, but i feel strange, mean, if I use the laptop as a seq, why not use all software instrumnst and not have the hassle of transportation, that's my big dilemna now, hardware sequencer or just live and resisting the soft synts envy(maybe recorded guitars(i'll never have enough hands to play guitar live)) or vocals
justin3am
KVRAF

10414 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Being a user of Live I find that it works very well with external gear. I haven't had the sync issues that others seem to experience. For me hardware provides a tactile experience that I just can't get from using software with a control surface. An Electibe, a few hardware synths a Kaoss pad and Live (with VSTs/AUs) are a deadly combination.

Plus you have a back up timing master incase the unthinkable happens to your Lappy.

The video is very inspiring. The music sounded really well thought out. I think I may have to try to put something like that together.
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:51 pm

thanks for sharing that for live, i had no problem(beside finding an 8 port midi time piece that cans ALSO work stand alone unlike the new midi interfaces) with timing except when I use the thru on my boxes(right now i have 1 thru box 1 in 4 outs, but I really need a midi patchbay)
I still haave a hard time figuring how to cleverly arrange my things in live to act as hard as possible(mute for every drum sound for examble, that makes tedious programming having a sound on each track, have'nt found a way to use 1 drum track but mute individual sounds(I dont have enough outs on the tribe to do it on the mixer otherwise i would be like that)ill give it a try tomorrow it it rains
justin3am
KVRAF

10414 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:04 am

These are the hurtles to get over for people that want flexability and ease of use for one person. In persuit of this nearly unattainable goal, I've given up using the internal sequencer in my Electribe and assign buttons on one control surface to the mutes on my midi channels in Live (it is still worth using the hardware for the dedicated controls and the distinctive sound). This may not work for you, I just wanted to illustrate that as much hardware or software you aquire you'll either have to sacrifice functionality for ease of (reproducible) use or find a partner to perform with. I may have to do that in the future as well.
Pouckypluysch
KVRian

713 posts since 30 Jun, 2002, from Haarlem

Postby Pouckypluysch; Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:26 am

I liked the video. Especially as I've been looking into hardware like these Korg pieces lately. Nice to see how far you can get with improvisation.

It makes me wonder what a non-improvised live performance sounds like...
dlr_cml
KVRist

64 posts since 8 Jun, 2003, from Denmark

Postby dlr_cml; Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:41 am

Very cool and indeed inspiring. Thanks for sharing. :)
I haven't felt this way since "Funky Town"
musikmachine
KVRAF

8639 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from Leeds, UK

Postby musikmachine; Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:01 am

Hey good stuff man.Where were those big leads coming from,they really stand out.As for the video..

:hihi:

I've been thinking of getting a kaoss pad and i think you just sold me..

@raikard i recommend it,i use a combo of hard and soft and it's really powerful :)

Thanks for that M4M
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3
silicon/silicium
KVRAF

1756 posts since 13 Jul, 2004

Postby silicon/silicium; Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:53 am

i'm eating my hands...2 years ago i've sold my kp2 to buy a midi keyboard that today have almost all non-working keys...edirol pcr3

You should contact edirol, they have bad series of pcr, and they changed them for free, at least in France.
raikard233
KVRian

737 posts since 14 Apr, 2004, from Rome

Postby raikard233; Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:25 am

musikmachine wrote:@raikard i recommend it,i use a combo of hard and soft and it's really powerful :)

Yeah, at the moment i'm using Abe Live as main sequencer, i have a yamaha AN200 and a friend gived me the DX200, i've placed in the studio also a jd800 but i don't want to use in live projects it because isn't mine and one day i must to give back to the owner.
These 2 grooveboxes have 1 synth part each and 3 drum parts each, nothing so special but can do the job.
The software side is keeped by Microtonic, DKS pro, fm8 and Zebra2 with a bunch of vst fxs.
I have to manage well all the things and to know better the midi management of Live..
Main reason to use external gear is preventing the high cpu use.
To control all i've builded my ableton midi mixer controller:

I've to solve my university exams before set up all this hw+sw setup.

silicon/silicium wrote:You should contact edirol, they have bad series of pcr, and they changed them for free, at least in France.

I've cannibalized some time ago, i've extracted the midi usb pcb to put it into the controller to have a midi usb connection to the laptop and obtain some extra midi in-out on the midibox.
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:23 am

the leads are from teh mks 50 (alpha juno)
Jazzyspoon
KVRAF

4797 posts since 14 Jun, 2004, from Denver, CO

Postby Jazzyspoon; Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:18 am

cool stuff, I love watching people make music. The process is fascinating to me. P.s. nice toys.
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:28 am

here is some gear pr0n for those who don't frequent youtube
screenshots
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe