KVR Jazz Collab

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watto wrote:They sound pretty good, but a bit static, I guess - not much we can do about that, unless herodotus notices this thread...

:)
I will bring it to his attention.

He's been pretty busy irl recently I gather, though.

I'm here in spirit: I'd vomit a ton of notes from a woodwind if I actually still owned one for ya'll any day.

What do you play, runny? Why did you get rid of it??!! :smack:
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Watto wrote:What do you play, runny? Why did you get rid of it??!! :smack:
Are you joking?

I'm a woodwind, especially sax (any size), player.
Avant jazz multimetered oddness, multiphonics, generally being a raging hurricane. With fx!

And why'd I get rid of it?

1) poverty
2) to make myself only able to make noise with a PC
(with a brief jaunt as a vocals+Alesis AirFx lead "singer/noisemaker"
3a) beacuse they're too loud to play by other people anyways
3b) which is also why you never hear tracks by me with vocals, though basically any non-demo I make is intended as a song with vocals/lyrics
4) I live in the same town as [url=http://www.myspace.com/fatkidwednesdays Fat Kid Wednesdays[/url], so I have no need to represent, they're doing a world-class job.

Gregjazz wrote:Well, I mixed it... but I really need to work through the drums. They served their purpose as a temp track, I guess.
I see, sorry Greg I thought it was mastered already,

BTW if you look for a live acoustic feel with no real drummer available,
a drumless combo could work as well, maybe with a light comping guitar instead.
I saw once a great drumless combo with Tal Farlow on guitar

@runny: Nup, I had no idea you were a sax player (didn't pick that info up anywhere until now) - a shame you had to offload your horns, mate :(

@liqih: I was surprised how good the drums sounded, but yeah, when you hear the whole song, they don't work quite as well - maybe Greg could try a live performance using his keyboard...? :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

I agree that until you're singing the sound of the drums (cymbals) is great,
the change is that with the solos of guitar and bass more interplay is expected. Maybe just swapping the ride with hi-hat and a few silent breaks

Return to “Music Cafe”