3am - Kiss of Honey - Drum... er, Drugs and Bass (Final Mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few days have gone by...

I've taken another stab at arranging and mixing this track. Here ya go!

Kiss of Honey2 12 min 30sec

Thanks for listening

3am
Last edited by justin3am on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

> drop

aha ... jetzt ist alles klar. ;-)

lots of good in here. but i agree with you that it would benefit from editing. get some distance from it, then re-listen and ruthlessly cut whatever doesn't *work* ... listen over and over to what's left and a form will suggest itself.

Sounds like a fun weekend :D I've done some recording in similar states myself ... things can get very confusing.

... it's late here. I'll have a listen in the morning.

rachmiel wrote: get some distance from it, then re-listen and ruthlessly cut whatever doesn't *work* ... listen over and over to what's left and a form will suggest itself.
Yeah, I figure it'll work itself out once my head is clear but there is just so much I like I don't know where to "cut". :lol:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I've done some recording in similar states myself ... things can get very confusing.
Luckily I had everything patched in advance. I called up a patch I made on my V-Synth, another I made on my MS-2000 and the rest was butter. I can't believe how the drums came out considering but it was definitely a pleasent suprise.

The only problem for me in that frame of mind is when to stop. It all sounds so cool!

i know the drums are radical in this.... Some of the infamous rubberand synth sounds are really something else.....
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

tag. for when my puter is fixed again.....

Nice Justin3! Diggin it!

Cool wife. In my experience girls and musicmaking don't mix, maybe I need them dropping acid aswell :)

Considering the intoxication, cool track..don't give a f**k flow + nice effects.

shit I wish I had time to do that.
Or even download and listen.
You wife is a muso, too? You lucky bastard.

Jazzyspoon wrote:tag. for when my puter is fixed again.....
That sux! I threw an external drive a couple months back. Was able to recover most data, but the audio files are extremely messed up. The recovery process mixed different audio files together at random. Being the eternal optimist, I've been discovering all the interesting juxtapositions that I never would have dreamed up. I've already used a few of them in trax! :D

Hope your baby's back up and running soon!

Oh yeah, this is Justin's thread... looking forward to checking this out tonight!... in the mean time - BUMP!
Image Image

Oh man, keep the bad computer vibes outta my thread, you know that stuff is contagious. :P

Seriously though, we all feel your pain Jazzy. I recently went through a debacle where my computer was acting up but only when I had an external drive connected. Apple was blaming it on the drive, Seagate was blaming it on the FW 800 port... I eneded up sending both back and and losing two critical software licenses which were a pain to get back (NFRs).

@Runny: My wife is only occasionally musical, it usually has to do with heavy intoxication. She has the most beautiful voice ever but she rarely uses it. The track is mostly me and a friend jamming (me on the V-Synth, him on the MS-2000) and my wife twiddling our knobs :D

Thanks for listening, I should have the fully mixed and arranged version tonight or tomorrow night.

That was just a total ear feast! Yes, I think you could make at least 2 coherent trax out of this but even as is it's a beautiful sound safari and just engages from start to finish. 8)
Image Image

bleep! As usual, you are masterful with the liquid glitches (don't know how to describe 'em any better). You'll easily extract a track from this. Layer some head crushing drums in there while you're at it... :tu:
ModuLR / Radio

polyslax wrote:
Jazzyspoon wrote:tag. for when my puter is fixed again.....
That sux! I threw an external drive a couple months back. Was able to recover most data, but the audio files are extremely messed up. The recovery process mixed different audio files together at random. Being the eternal optimist, I've been discovering all the interesting juxtapositions that I never would have dreamed up. I've already used a few of them in trax! :D

Hope your baby's back up and running soon!
My power supply is dead, so I am hopeful that I should still have all my data. i ordered a new one and will have a hell of a time trying to install it. If anyone has any advice on this, pm me please.

Justin, I started listening to this on my work computer and it sounds great even on my little pathetic speakers, but i'm so spoiled I am still going to wait to hear this on my system before giving to much feedback on editing. My advice is to take some time away, then come back to it later. But you may end up needing it to be over 10 minutes long, then you could consider just adding to it and making it the last track on your next cd....
ne ways, get back to ya...
peace
jazzy

excellent...
lot's of great noiz/fx and the rhythm is very catchy!
liked this!

Return to “Music Cafe”