dis-qualify

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt:aaaaaaeeeeeeee

tonight matthew im going to beeeeeee...

autechre :P

thanks to slarti for hosting :)

originally entered to the monthly contest but posturing and bullying made me decide it was best to pull out.
some people said they wanted to hear it, so here it is :)

cool john, enjoyed that a lot :)

cheers :)

bernie tells me youve been going up in the world... ;)

friday bump.
yes mr spek, a pointless bump.

I listened :)

Cool stuff Vurt, nice early Autechre feel with some Confield style touches. There are few people that wouldn't offend me if they tried to do an Autechre influenced track but you pulled it off nicely. It retains enough Vurt-ness to keep from sounding contrived.

Thanks for the cool sounds.
3am

I don't care about getting or giving votes, 2-minute-limits and other regulations.

But if others do, that's just legitimate. Those who don't want votes to be "stolen" from deliberately disqualified people do have a point. And the fun lovers don't have the right to spoil the fun of those who take the contest seriously...

So I retreat from the contest for good.

I think the best thing for everyone would be to leave the contest to those who take it seriously and to mark your songs as "out of contest" if you just contribute for fun.

> I think the best thing for everyone would be to leave the contest to those who take it seriously and to mark your songs as "out of contest" if you just contribute for fun

makes sense and shows respect to those who are into the voting. it's pretty much what i did (from the submission):

(added after voting 'debate' extravaganza in gossip thread: i'm going to review entries that resonate with me this month, but i'm not going to vote; for my reasons see top of page 16 in gossip. if this bothers you, then please feel free not to even consider voting for my piece. i'm perfectly happy if you just listen to it (and review it if you feel it deserves a review). :-) )

think i'll bring up your idea in the main thread. :-)

grabbed but not listened, muppet.

moppel wrote:I think the best thing for everyone would be to leave the contest to those who take it seriously and to mark your songs as "out of contest" if you just contribute for fun.
Oh lookie, I think someone completely missed the original point of the competition.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

this didn't remind me so much of autechre but i do like the piece. i'm very interested in 'free groove' ... music that teases/flirts with the grid rather than submitting to it. :-)

> original point

perhaps. but intentions can, and very often do, change. couldn't you think of the contest as evolving into a monthly anthology of pieces around a theme, some of which are entered into a contest, some not?

rachmiel wrote:> original point

perhaps. but intentions can, and very often do, change. couldn't you think of the contest as evolving into a monthly anthology of pieces around a theme, some of which are entered into a contest, some not?
missed point.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

rachmiel wrote:couldn't you think of the contest as evolving into a monthly anthology of pieces around a theme
Any contest is essentially a battle and is based on destructing the opponent. Your "anthology" would be something opposite, building something together. I don't see how these would mix-up. These are different games and they serve different needs.

How about you run an "anthology on a theme" game alongside the already running "contest game"? No fighting, no voting. As a common award, in the end the collective would e.g. put the all entries together into an album and make it available for free somewhere with cover art, bells and whistles and stuff.

Zombie Queen wrote:How about you run an "anthology on a theme" game alongside the already running "contest game"? No fighting, no voting. As a common award, in the end the collective would e.g. put the all entries together into an album and make it available for free somewhere with cover art, bells and whistles and stuff.
That's a pretty cool idea. Just needs someone to run it and keep it going.

Return to “Music Cafe”