Rain

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A little chillout you might like - or maybe not :? Either way, comments welcome.

mp3 version
ogg-vorbis version
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Downloading..
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

The music is really beautiful. I liked it, IMHO on my monitors this sounded a little bass heavy, and I think its pulling energy out of da mix :-) I dont know I try and eq when I have bass at around 500 to 550 megahezt... I dunno if you did, you might have... something, i might have done... because I am wack job, is used a pumping hard compression on this bass. might have made the track allright for the chill out room in a club... f**k I am dumb. least I would have done is lowered the volume of instrument a bit..... Its a cool track, in the beginning it is really just getting set up for some dark emotions, I like it a lot.... ok, cheers... I hope this is ok feedback. not ment in a mean way...
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you like it overall.

About that bass. I'd lifted it a bit because someone else said they thought it was too weak :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

we just can't please everybody can we... :D
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Isn't my kind of sound, but I liked it, overall.

In my (crappy) home stereo, the song didn't sound too bassy, but I think some compression on the bassline could even it a little, in order to achieve a linear level.

Anyways, cool melody!

Well if it's not your kind of thing and you liked it, that's quite a compliment :D

I shall have to look again at that bass!

bump - cos I'd like a few more comments :)

folderol wrote:bump - cos I'd like a few more comments :)
nice melody & awesome uplifting moment at 0:42 :DDD - sound seems be okey hmmm... very nice for late night software code'ing :) and for reading some books :D

keep up & practice

what is your workshop ?

I'll let you know tomorrow :singer:

I've been sorting my setup out all day,then pc decides to freeze when it comes to using it to do something constructive :x

hobbit wrote:
folderol wrote:bump - cos I'd like a few more comments :)
nice melody & awesome uplifting moment at 0:42 :DDD - sound seems be okey hmmm... very nice for late night software code'ing :) and for reading some books :D

keep up & practice

what is your workshop ?
Glad you like it.

My setup is really basic the only bit of class is the 'pooter (dual core athlon)
I have an elderly Yamaha SY35 keyboard
An even older Roland Sound Canvas
I run 64studio on the pooter and use the Rosegarden sequencer
I also run ZynAddSubFX soft synth
Hyrdogen drum synth
FluidR3-GM sound fonts
I use Jammin for compression and Audacity for any tarting up afterwards.

On this track I only use Rosegarden with ZynAddSubFX & the Sound Canvas

Nice melody builds a great atmosphere.
Good choice of sounds and production, I like this track beacuse it has 'movement' it flows very well

Cheers

Thanks mate :)

(note to self: must remember NOT to comment on other peoples work after bumping my own)

very nice composition, light and airy sounding,
great start to a sunny day here,
positive stuff folderol

I agree with wavephonic.It's warm and uplifting and inspiring.I can't comment on the bass,my headphones are quite bass heavy but it sounded fine on them.I suppose as the song is quite light abd airy the bass could be contrasting,wouldn't say it overwhelms though.

Nice piece folderol,i think it's a keeper :)

Return to “Music Cafe”