Firefly-Tekkers

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,
If you'd like to hear some new music head over to www.myspace.com/nix808 for a little techno. Please listen to Firefly first, it's my latest and probably most listenable track. Just getting back into the groove of composing again, like.
Wishing you satisfying music, nix

i wasnt really sure if you wanted feedback...
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Hey there,
I was looking for feedback, like. Your original critique was good. Very helpful. I don't use mastering tools yet. Would you suggest compressing the whole piece? I think I'll add some drums for sure. I'd like to suss out how to sequence breaks, like, although I'm not sure if they'd fit.
Thanks for the comments, nix

ok, well I'm glad you read it, cause I have no idea what I wrote... Mastering a track can only be done at a mastering studio, what we all do at home is " home mastering." this means we are bassically making a track as loud as possible so it sounds as loud as other ones if it gets played in a club, assuming we dont have a record company to pay for mastering..... Bassically I only play other peoples stuff when I dj, a lot of my stuff is not realy ready to be played for people... I am getting there slowely. either way I do a home mastering job, ------ your best bet to do a home mastering job would be to spend a bit of cash on the izotope ozone..... OR if you have reaktor there is something better inside called the FlatBlaster ( not sure if this is exact name, havnt used reaktor in a while ) of if you have tracktion, your in Great luck,,, Mackie has FInAl mix, and that is just as good as Flat Blaster.. if you dont have one of these things, you gotta get. its gonna make home mastering a whole lot easier. there is a way to do it with compressers eq, and a limiter, you have to chain them together, but its crazy amounts of typing.... um about compressing the whole piece.... what do you mean buy that. if your asking " should I throw a compressor on my master bus and export? " the answer to this question is no.... thats all I feel like typing right now. you are more than welcome to PM me with any questions.... I love music, listen to tons of it on the cafe. and am willing to share anything I know, as long as its less than 500 words in one sorta ten minute write out....
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

^----- how many words is that? I remember my post last night about your track being that long... yeah that is my limit for like how much I am willing to share in sorta every hour for every person.... its less than 500 words...... ok, dont mind me, I am nutz

your getting extra.... i guess I like your music.... however what can we do to get you a better drum sound...... OH I remember too, you need more c htz

Hey again,
I'm going to try write some drums, like. Can breaks sound well at 140 bpm?-For that is the style I'd like to use. I did mean just compressing the mixed down wave. So it's more complicated than that. I have Reason, with it's mastering tools. If they are as quality as the other devices, maybe I could use it? Ideally I'd like to do it with VST in Acid pro, though, where I do my mixing. There is the mastering freeware by Antress, do you know if it makes the cut?
Thanks for the help, nix

P.S:
I'm glad you kinda like it. That's the idea, really. I had a quick listen to your stuff-thanks, aural pleasure, like.

Hey there,
Shameless bump, so. If this is not the done thing, let me know.
Any ideas on what this track needs would be surely appreciated.

im a bit dissapointed....was hoping this was a remix of the Firefly series theme song :D

Sorry Phatty,
It's a little different, like. I didn't realize it had a namesake. Maybe some more conventional tunes from me in future.
Cheers, nix

Hey again,
'nother bump, like. My next tracks coming, I thought I'd start again. This time with breakish drums. Still looking for feedback if anything caught your ear, for better or worse.
Wishing you satisfaction in creation, nix

Return to “Music Cafe”