3am - Multiplicative (minimal sound scape)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I found this track nearly finished in a folder I wouldn't normaly save a track to (on my system drive). I don't remember making it but I figured why the hell not finish it.

Multiplicative

I had just finished the remix of Blaster78's track when I found this one. At the same time he contacted me to see if I had any tracks I wanted him to remix. So I thought to myself, "what would happen if I gave him these tracks to remix before he's heard the full song?" Well we are going to see becuase right now he is posting the remix of a song he hasn't heard yet (and I haven't heard his mix yet either :D ).

Here is blaster78's mix

Well, I hope you enjoy our little experiment.

Here are the individual tracks for remixing:

http://www.3amnoise.net/multiplicative.zip 108 BPM - 221.5MB

3am
Last edited by justin3am on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

,today was beautiful slow music day in the cafe... Justin this mix is really trippy, the way its done and all. also the bass is wicked!! really I was watching cold case with the girl, but came in the other room to check the bbs.. I am gonna have to do a very late night listen to this one...

really radical! and inspiring...

later skater
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

really weird to heard the tune for the first time but know all it's components so well....

top class, that bass is amazing, what are you doing that with ?

funny how to you 108bpm is slow you you arrange with a really downtempo feel for me it's dead fast so i get quite hurried.

this was great fun 8)

cheers,

steve.

blaster78 wrote:that bass is amazing,

I know.. i have to hear your remix
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

johnny2johnny wrote:
blaster78 wrote:that bass is amazing,

I know.. i have to hear your remix
the incredible modulation stuff justin did post sending me the files (so mine pales in comparison :oops:)

but it's up in the cafe :)

very beautiful piece justin! i like the general mood of this one... nice atmosphere!

The bass is the Korg Legacy Mono/Poly. I always forget that most people arrange by quarter note. To me a quarter note is an 1/8th note. Most of my tracks are arranged at 192 or 178 BPM but feel like 96 or 89 BPM. It just gives you a higher resolution to work with.

I'm gald you guys liked it. I think this went very well.

3am

justin3am wrote:The bass is the Korg Legacy Mono/Poly. I always forget that most people arrange by quarter note. To me a quarter note is an 1/8th note. Most of my tracks are arranged at 192 or 178 BPM but feel like 96 or 89 BPM. It just gives you a higher resolution to work with.

I'm gald you guys liked it. I think this went very well.

3am

i got to tell you, I never realized your tracks were speeding like that...

wowzers

Thanks Jack! It was a real suprise when I found this. It totally caught me off guard, I actually asked some of my friends if it was a track they were working on! One of my co-workers said that he remembered being at my place while I was working on it. I guess I must have been pretty stoned :lol:

That was beautiful!

Thanks PTV.

This is great, J. Like Steve, i heard the remix first, so it's interesting to hear it, well, inverted.
Jaeser and I sat listening to this earlier this evening and I didn't realize it was you! Nice and kinda different from your other stuff. Puttin it in the keeps folder.
Good work and thanks for sharing.

Now you know how I felt! I was convinced it wasn't my track as well. At the risk of being narcissistic and self depricating at the same time; I thought it sounded too musical to be one of my tracks. :)

Thanks for listening.

I guess I might as well post the remix files to the public.

http://www.3amnoise.net/multiplicative.zip 108 BPM - 221.5MB

Nice one! I liked everything about it except for that snare. Fat heavy bass in there, w00t!

:party:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “Music Cafe”