PERV - Worm & Circus

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes yes, and just so you know, i am not being mean, I am giving you feedback you wanted!! :)
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

PERV wrote:i have done on recent tracks but not these, because they are a bit older i'm sick of hearing them.
i think i have got better since because i have changed my approach after a lot of trial and error, but i still have a lot learn.
i'm gonna force myself to strip them back and start again really and spend some time on them.

on the track called milk i have ran all the drums through one compressor, eq'ing the kick, hats, snares & percs seperatly. but i cant get that spark, it sounds slightly cleaner but dull.

well eq is a black art, what r u doing eqing a kick anyways. I dont think I eq my kicks, unless I try and build em myself, but I wouldnt in a mix, or a snr...

unless they really needed it, which means, I need to be using better drums frankly... htz I systematically cut around 500 htz, and take out all the low end.. sometimes I boost em every so slightly above 17 or 18 thousand..

anyways... we all have a lot to learn
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

monitors? not yet mate. my mate has but i havent took anything round there yet. what your hearing is just a few ideas i have made off my laptop connected to my stereo. the whole sound issue is really a problem for me, and i think it will take time getting to grips with that enviroment. i aint used a mac since school, and my mate has logic where as i use ableton. so ive got a long way to go still

I see... hmmm well, I think your music is good enought that a small job might be in order... the best cheapest monitors you will find are Event ALP 5 anything else for that kind of money, is a wast of money. get about 200 or so quid, and Event ALP 5's

Jazzyspoon wrote:Hi Perv,
Welcome!
As for Worm and Circus, you have some solid tracks here that seem recorded and arranged nicely for the genre. Not exactly a boundary challenging or unique sound, but very deep chill. Some good sound choices. I like the break in Worm at the 1:45 mark. I dig Milk too, actually. Good late night DJ stuff.
Looking forward to hearing more in the future.
Peace and welcome aboard,
Jazzyspoon

cheers mate, its all helpful.

johnny2johnny wrote:I see... hmmm well, I think your music is good enought that a small job might be in order... the best cheapest monitors you will find are Event ALP 5 anything else for that kind of money, is a wast of money. get about 200 or so quid, and Event ALP 5's
that is the aim anyway once i get myself back on my feet.
is there anything else you recommend as a few must have basics to get me started?

PERV wrote:
johnny2johnny wrote:I see... hmmm well, I think your music is good enought that a small job might be in order... the best cheapest monitors you will find are Event ALP 5 anything else for that kind of money, is a wast of money. get about 200 or so quid, and Event ALP 5's
is there anything else you recommend as a few must have basics to get me started?
oh, here we go.....:hihi:

what do you mean?

PERV wrote:

if you want to do it right... a job. got to buy some software. maybe 2 good synths, and a nice mix pack... ableton is great, I am buying that myself coming soon. so its going to slide right in very nicely with some other stuff I bought.

what vst synths do you have right now?

johnny2johnny wrote:
PERV wrote:

if you want to do it right... a job. got to buy some software. maybe 2 good synths, and a nice mix pack... ableton is great, I am buying that myself coming soon. so its going to slide right in very nicely with some other stuff I bought.

what vst synths do you have right now?

i think im ok for vst's, i was more talking along the lines of equipment which i haven't a clue about and never actually bought myself. what i need is my own hardware setup at home, something afforable to help me get going

Jazzyspoon wrote:
PERV wrote:
oh, here we go.....:hihi:

what do you mean mr Jazzy?

Lord knows I need a beautiful vacation in the rocky mountains to get me started. this florida wheather is drying up my skin

PERV wrote: what i need is my own hardware setup at home, something afforable to help me get going

all I have for hardware are monitors, an audio card, and a computer..

oh I know, I am buying a midi controller with my copy of Live 6 probably somthing from m audio, on da cheap

forget hardware, though, that is useless. all software nowadays...

is the audio card important in terms of sound quality?

Return to “Music Cafe”