New atmospheric DnB

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, this is a track that I've been working on very slowly for the past few weeks (on and off). It's a less aggressive/more atmospheric type of dnb. I sampled two tracks (I believe that it is OK since I just make my tunes for fun) from two awesome artists. One is easy to tell, the other - not so much. Anyways - here it is, untitled as of yet:
Linky
As always - any feedback or comments are greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy. :)

nice track mate. i like the vocals.. can hardly tell what they are.. but they sound really good... if they are vocals. but I think they are. and its awesome
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

Nice! There is nothing I love better than break beats. The psychedelic textures really fit well to create a pretty surreal atmosphere. Thanks. :D

3am

johnny2johnny wrote:nice track mate. i like the vocals.. can hardly tell what they are.. but they sound really good... if they are vocals. but I think they are. and its awesome
Yep, those are vocals you are hearing in the last section. Sampled from Tangerine Dream.
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Im glad you enjoyed it. :)

This is really cool, Xolax. I like the breaks a lot, especially in the beginning. A real bread and butter dnb work. Very nice and creative. Keep up at it.
Peace

xolax wrote: Tangerine Dream.

wow, never in a million years, would I have guessed that...
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

johnny2johnny wrote:
wow, never in a million years, would I have guessed that...
Haha - it's actually fairly unprocessed. :hihi:
And again, thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it. :)

I enjoyed this track, and I tend to stray pretty far from d'n'b in my listenings.
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

GeneralFuzz wrote:I enjoyed this track, and I tend to stray pretty far from d'n'b in my listenings.
Good to hear. Thanks for the listen and glad you enjoyed it :D .

Nice stuff - I like the break work.

Quite nicely done, but not really my thing I'm afraid.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

the breaks are cool but take away from the instrumentals in my opinion. i'd like to hear this with a half speed beat.

still cool though
8)

steve.

Thanks for the comments guys.
As for half-speed breaks, I feel that a fast amen is very fitting for this track, which was my intention actually.
How does the mix sound? I get a HUGE difference when using speakers and headphones, but then again I don't have proper monitors or decent mixing headphones. :(

I dig the overall vibe and I think the mix of the fast breaks and the atmospherics add a nice contrast to each other and increase the feeling of tension. The ending seemed kind of incomplete though.

As far as the mix goes, I am not particularly familiar with the rules surrounding D&B but the drums seemed a bit thin and in the background to me. I would have liked to have heard them with a bit more power/body.

Cool track. :cool:

nice tune, xolax. I enjoyed how fresh it sounded to me for DnB; new textures and sounds. I like the breaks, thought maybe the kick could be stronger.

Sometimes Dnb can sound like starting a car with a dead battery, but this piece has a sustained melodic content that I dig.
..what goes around comes around..

Return to “Music Cafe”