Polyslax - The Space Between

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Minimal atmospheric down tempo piece up today.

The Space Between

128 bit .mp3
9.2 mb
10:05 mins

Thanks to those who have a listen! :)
Image Image

nice, really like the delay stuff at the beginning. percussion in general is, as ever, superb.

good listen for a monday morning.

cheers,

steve.

blaster78 wrote:nice, really like the delay stuff at the beginning. percussion in general is, as ever, superb.

good listen for a monday morning.

cheers,

steve.
Many thanks Steve!

...man, you've been busy lately! I still have a couple of yours to catch up on.
Image Image

ah, at last I can enjoy my coffee. Great slow building percussive montage. It must be very chill in your world.
Very enjoyable and transsse inducing.

EDIT: PM'D YA
Last edited by Jazzyspoon on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent as always.
Captures that essence of the 'minimal' where not a lot appears to happen on the surface at times, yet it is constantly flowing & changing.
A serene swan of a track.

Beea-u-tee-ful! Is that un syncronized delay Echoboy or Timeless?

This has such a nice jammed out feeling to it. Absolutely stunning.

Thanks,

3am

very nice... cool minimal track
i particularly liked this distorted 'lead\pad' about 5 minutes...very nice ambiences...

Really nice! Love the textured delays and that they are mixed with subtlety.

My only negative comment would be that I think you could use those first two measures to set up the thing and then get right down to business with the electric piano(ish) part that comes in somewhere around 00:51. It felt a bit like dead air waiting for the tonal swathe to enter. And in doing so, to me, it would still be the same track in terms of goal and ambience.

Jazzyspoon wrote:ah, at last I can enjoy my coffee. Great slow building percussive montage. It must be very chill in your world.
Very enjoyable and transsse inducing.

EDIT: PM'D YA
Yeah, it's super chill in my world, it's just the way I go - cheers Jazzy!
diverdee wrote:Excellent as always.
Captures that essence of the 'minimal' where not a lot appears to happen on the surface at times, yet it is constantly flowing & changing.
A serene swan of a track.
Thanks diverdee, glad to see you round!
justin3am wrote:Beea-u-tee-ful! Is that un syncronized delay Echoboy or Timeless?

This has such a nice jammed out feeling to it. Absolutely stunning.

Thanks,

3am
Thanks Justin, glad you like!

There's a ton of echoboy in this track and a little bit of timeless too, but the one you mentioned is echoboy.
JacK_SoliuM wrote:very nice... cool minimal track
i particularly liked this distorted 'lead\pad' about 5 minutes...very nice ambiences...
Yeah, I know you love your distortion Jack. :D Thanks!
Shane Sanders wrote:Really nice! Love the textured delays and that they are mixed with subtlety.

My only negative comment would be that I think you could use those first two measures to set up the thing and then get right down to business with the electric piano(ish) part that comes in somewhere around 00:51. It felt a bit like dead air waiting for the tonal swathe to enter. And in doing so, to me, it would still be the same track in terms of goal and ambience.
Much appreciated Shane! Yes, the toughest part for me is bringing a track down to a length approaching normal. I could (and do) get wrapped up in listening to relatively simple parts for obscene amounts of time. :lol:
Image Image

Anyone else care to take this for a spin before we go lights out?
Image Image

listening ... loving the beginning ... all those delays, just enough in sync to tease the grid, just enough out to be interesting. not crazy about the guitar/epiano melody; it's well done, but dispels the dreamy mode for me (due mostly to its 'normalness'). love the understated sub-bass line, almost sounds like a really low left hand tabla drum. distant vocal line works well ... the crazed high resonance clarinet solo in the middle is delicious. more of this, less of the guitar/epiano emulations say i! ;-) after the clarinet the long period of nothing much new happening, just the groove, goes on a bit too long for me ... interest fading. (but then i have a very short attention span for music, tend to hear in brief moments.) would have liked to hear some breaks or beat breakdowns in the second half, something to keep the groove unpredictable. all in all reminds me of a kinder gentler take on some of the tracks in bitches brew.

rachmiel wrote:listening ... loving the beginning ... all those delays, just enough in sync to tease the grid, just enough out to be interesting. not crazy about the guitar/epiano melody; it's well done, but dispels the dreamy mode for me (due mostly to its 'normalness'). love the understated sub-bass line, almost sounds like a really low left hand tabla drum. distant vocal line works well ... the crazed high resonance clarinet solo in the middle is delicious. more of this, less of the guitar/epiano emulations say i! ;-) after the clarinet the long period of nothing much new happening, just the groove, goes on a bit too long for me ... interest fading. (but then i have a very short attention span for music, tend to hear in brief moments.) would have liked to hear some breaks or beat breakdowns in the second half, something to keep the groove unpredictable. all in all reminds me of a kinder gentler take on some of the tracks in bitches brew.
I'm just gonna keep hammering you with my epiano! :lol: I really appreciate you sitting through this Rick, cause I know some of the tangents I go off on just are not your bag. I should give this a little trim perhaps to tighten it up.
Image Image

Makes a very nice background.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Makes a very nice background.
I can live with that - cheers!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”