wrack - sub Updated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

I updated my track, feedback needed!

edit: It was techno first, now after update i dont know what genre i made it into :roll:

256kbps 44khz 3:53 7,7Mb

Download here

Thanks.
Last edited by wrack on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

mate what r u trying to do hear? it sounds like the very very beginning of a goa trance song... I think... I don't know, it could be the pheasent I tried to kill last summer... how about some synth lines and drums... I need more music to leave a comment if you want my feedback to try and help you improve...

I need to hear some synth lines, and drums, then I can help you
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

johnny2johnny wrote:mate what r u trying to do hear? it sounds like the very very beginning of a goa trance song... I think... I don't know, it could be the pheasent I tried to kill last summer... how about some synth lines and drums... I need more music to leave a comment if you want my feedback to try and help you improve...

I need to hear some synth lines, and drums, then I can help you
Well it has kick,snare,(some percussion i think) some bassline, but you are right i need more!
Thanks.

what? then your link is broken
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

johnny2johnny wrote:what? then your link is broken
it works for me :cry:, try again please!

oh mate.... its working now. yeah. There is a lot of feedback I can give you that might be of help. but I have to go to work. if my boss isnt there I will take a listen on the speakers there and give you more feedback, check back here in a couple maybe three hours.... this mix needs work.

this music is pretty good!!!!!! but you need feedback, help and practice.

still very impressive. but needs a lot of work. its very messy right now...

Can't wait to learn more! Thanks.

some really basic stuff first... when we mix drums, we really try to have our kik center, your kik sounds a little louder on the right to me. second, we try to pan our snr and htz and cymbals left and right. bass goes center. percussion and stuff gets panned left and right. Ok, I realize you might know this allready, but think of it as a review... me personally I dont eq my kiks and snrs in the mix perse. I try to use samples that sound great allready. cymbals on the other hand I have a tendency to cut all frequencies below 500 htz.

The other thing to look at with this track is volume balancing... this bass lead thing is way to loud!!!! for the kik. bass and kick should really be having it with eachother in terms of volume unless your going for dnb which is a whole different animal altogether. sounds to me like your going for some sorta minimal techno sound.

in terms of arrangement and musicality. I think it might be nice to have this bass lead a little more eq'd by cutting its frequencies above say 537 - 541, somewhere in there. then to add a top synth to interact with it just a little. perhaps a second bass 1 octave higher, whose lows you would cut hard anywhere below 370 - 180.... some of your odd sounds in here are very nice and very well placed...

Really what you need to focus on is getting a proper drum mix. proper panning, proper volume levels throughout a track. also a couple of more synth sounds to add fullness and flavor, but that is my personal taste.

all in all. its a good track. practice makes perfect!!!!!!!!

johnny2johnny wrote:we really try to have our kik center, your kik sounds a little louder on the right to me.
I can't believe i missed that :(
johnny2johnny wrote: second, we try to pan our snr and htz and cymbals left and right. bass goes center. percussion and stuff gets panned left and right. Ok, I realize you might know this allready, but think of it as a review... me personally I dont eq my kiks and snrs in the mix perse. I try to use samples that sound great allready. cymbals on the other hand I have a tendency to cut all frequencies below 500 htz.
Sometimes i forget about panping :oops:... and im afraid to go to far with it.
I like always to cut everything, make everything tight ant so on.

johnny2johnny wrote: The other thing to look at with this track is volume balancing... this bass lead thing is way to loud!!!! for the kik. bass and kick should really be having it with eachother in terms of volume unless your going for dnb which is a whole different animal altogether. sounds to me like your going for some sorta minimal techno sound.
This track is some kind of experiment for me, i never did minimal techno and i dont know mutch about it...
dnb is my thing maybe thats why bass lead is so loud.
Ill try to fix these things to fit into the genre, thanks for this!
johnny2johnny wrote: in terms of arrangement and musicality. I think it might be nice to have this bass lead a little more eq'd by cutting its frequencies above say 537 - 541, somewhere in there. then to add a top synth to interact with it just a little. perhaps a second bass 1 octave higher, whose lows you would cut hard anywhere below 370 - 180.... some of your odd sounds in here are very nice and very well placed...
Well about arangement its hard to me with it... but i like your idea about synth and second bass!
johnny2johnny wrote: Really what you need to focus on is getting a proper drum mix. proper panning, proper volume levels throughout a track. also a couple of more synth sounds to add fullness and flavor, but that is my personal taste.
Thanks for nice feedback ill try to fix things and make whole track better.
johnny2johnny wrote:practice makes perfect!!!!!!!!
:tu:

bump for update

bump! someone please review :cry:

wrack wrote: i dont know what genre i made it into :roll:

I f**king love it... its so hot. its bad ass dance music. thats all str8 up, totally euro, good hot clubber..

nice mix... still heavy on the htz...

Hey thanks!

Yeah, this is some pretty intense stuff, the energy even translates well through lap top speakers. Through monitors it sounds even better, it has a very wide stereo image. When I hear something that sounds this wide in stereo I always check it out in mono which seems to cause some wierd phasing issues in this track.

I don't have a phase scope handy but I would say you may have some DC offset in that mid bass sound. That is just from listening though so take my advice with a grain of salt. Find yourself a free phase scope, place it on the master channel and start soloing tracks to make sure their phase correlation is okay. If a track is heavily weighted towards the postive or negative you have a DC offset. If the stereo image looks horizontaly flat you have a phasing issue.

I really like this track. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

3am

justin3am wrote:Yeah, this is some pretty intense stuff, the energy even translates well through lap top speakers. Through monitors it sounds even better, it has a very wide stereo image. When I hear something that sounds this wide in stereo I always check it out in mono which seems to cause some wierd phasing issues in this track.

I don't have a phase scope handy but I would say you may have some DC offset in that mid bass sound. That is just from listening though so take my advice with a grain of salt. Find yourself a free phase scope, place it on the master channel and start soloing tracks to make sure their phase correlation is okay. If a track is heavily weighted towards the postive or negative you have a DC offset. If the stereo image looks horizontaly flat you have a phasing issue.

I really like this track. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

3am
Thanks, i work something out after work about phase issuses.

Return to “Music Cafe”