"Into Infinity" - melodic electronic rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this sounds a lot like Bjorn Lynne, so if you like his stuff check it out.

there are some things I was planning on changing but now I've kind of gotten used to them. I'll see if anyone mentions them.

Into Infinity

I was grooving with it up until the chord change to a major chord right before the lead synth came in. This is a different direction, but from "electronic rock" I was expecting to get a crunchy electric guitar and some vocals coming in at the point (and I was expecting to sound really good). Seems well produced, but a bit synthy for me on a lot of the leads (I like the base of the song (i.e., the rhythms, bass elements)).

Mmm. I like this. Seems to have some mixed flavours of JMJ and Pink Floyd.

Go on. In you go. That's it, in the keep folder :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

racemize wrote: but from "electronic rock" I was expecting to get a crunchy electric guitar and some vocals coming in at the point
nope. sorry. :hihi:

nice, a bit "clean" for my tastes but well produced.

some of the synth lead lines could do with a bit more crunch and modulation in my opinion.

reminds me a lot of the soundtrack to airwolf, which is a cool memory 8)

steve.

Arglebargle wrote:this sounds a lot like Bjorn Lynne, so if you like his stuff check it out.
mmmh... I Don't know him, but I like this track. Good leads intersecting this texture and nice variations
Well done

Cheers

folderol wrote:Mmm. I like this. Seems to have some mixed flavours of JMJ and Pink Floyd.
yea good call, I forgot to mention Jarre. it's the type of electronic rock that will probably appeal to fans of that style.

ah its a little like Satriani on the synths. I liked it mate. Think its a good solid track. I also agree a little with blaster. now, I am kinda anti disto on synths, however I think they could have used a bit more bite on this track. easily done with freq mod, and lfo's

nice track though. Rock On
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

While not my kind of style (except the beginning and end), I still enjoyed it. The transition out of the intro was a bit abrupt but otherwise the form (progression of ideas) provided a lot of variety and interest - I thought this was the main strength of the piece. The performance (but not the notes) of the leads was a little weak, but that doesn't concern me much.

How did you do the drums? The beginning drum work was different enough to be of interest, the other parts not bad but more standard fare.

Cheers,
YBaCuO

This sounds alot like post 1997 Jarre. Very soft and new agey - all the elements that I don't like about Jarre. At least he's coming back with Oxygene 3D. :hihi:

But it's a well produced track Arglebargle, only it sounds just like everything else around. :?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

thanks for the comments. 'preciate the suggestions but the song turned pretty much exactly how I want it. :hihi:

YBaCuO - the main drums have eq and compression. the stuff at the beginning and end was run through Camel Space. not sure what specifically you were wondering about.

Return to “Music Cafe”