blortblort - pipple

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pipple (second site):

2 instances of Zebra2
1 instance of Sonalksis TBK3
a few soniccouture (abstrakt breaks v1-2) and Sean Forsythe loops (all set in a blender on chop)
one take capture (though I did "edit" the ending a smidge in post... :oops: )

sort of a glitch breaks meets Chuck Mangione thing. Maybe not for everyone. Maybe you'll like it. hope so =)

I like the hybrid. Great groove right up front. Not crazy about the texture of the lead synth. Maybe it's just an eqing matter.
Other than that, its a very cool idea. But it could go further into development as a song.
Thanks for sharing, blortblort.

I'd be excited except Zebra is for hippies and monophysites.

Thanks for the song; I listen once I drag the songs home now so my comments may come a month from now lol.

Glad you're still jamming out the kicks 8)

@ Jazzy- call me lazy, but these days- most of what I decide to post is sort of musical free-association/stream of consciousness pieces. MOST of what I come up with these days hits the cutting room floor because I have a terrible habit of NEVER hitting record. Fortunately (sometimes...) Benedict's PreRoll Recorder captures the "good ones" for me. So if after I lay something down, and I *think* it may have been worth saving- I can save it as a capture. Of course, the down side of that is that I've ONLY captured the stereo audio from Live's master out; not the MIDI, automations, etc... I'm not sure about keeping this as a "workflow". This seems like a really terrible habit, but since I tend to really get bogged down with tweazing a composition to death- I've sort of swung to the complete OTHEr end of the pendulum swing with this "new" MO by leaving a LOT to chance, relying on no quantization of my actual playing, etc... I hope to find a "medium" setting- somewhere between my present "snapshot" capture method and the terribly boring tinkering with a composition for a month (or more...) method.
For the time being, this snapshot method coincides with my current time constraints and I really like the idea of always trying to come up with new and different stuff more quickly. Maybe once it gets to be winter I'll buckle down and get serious ;)
re: the eq of the lead- you may be right. I did tweak the eq some in post. perhaps I made some wrong moves...hope it ain't too egregious!
@ runny-
runagate wrote:I'd be excited except Zebra is for hippies and monophysites...
I actually had to google "monophysites"!... and I may be more than a little naïve, but aren't hippies and monophysites ideally opposites??? :lol: :scared:......:lol:
That said- I do love me some Zebra2, but it's not the only synth I use. in fact- I'm much more of a Lazysnake-o-holic as some of you may have noticed 8)
I do hope to keep posting more regularly... fair warning! :P

Dood, Zebra = teh shiznit! And TBK3? OMFG the compressor to smush all compressors. I like to send one drum track into two instances of TBK3 and chop the unrecognizable results.

I liked the synth leads, they gave me a nostalgic ELO feeling. The drums were great to, the boom kik lacked some punch but I find that that is one of the first things to go when encoding tracks to MP3.

thanks,
3am

Groovy tune, blortblort.

This has a different sound to it than many of your pieces, thicker, less definition of individual parts. The synth lead, instead of cutting through the perc, is almost obscuring it. I guess my ears were expecting the lead to come climbing up out of the drums.

I really enjoyed your playing, btw. That first lead phrase is so engaging, so able to loft itself into the air and float around up there. Just enough of that "tasty bottom end" ®, too, for contrast.

I'd like to be able to play like that. I'd also like to hear your take on some early to mid 50's jazz, maybe some Clifford Brown or maybe even some Yusef Lateef.

@justin-
man... you are preaching to the choir on Zebra2 AND TBK3:tu: ...but I think I may have lost the "UUumph/bOOm" from second guessing eq in post like Jazzy suspected in earlier post. glad ya liked well enough to listen! ELO? high praise! Over the years i've learned more to appreciate Jeff Lynne. I've been under considerable peer pressure... some of my close friends are rabid ELO fans. I guess it's somewhat contagious.

@bobsled-
yep. the lead is WAY out in front... but I really liked that Zebra sound. I don't even know if I tweaked it. I think it was one of Michael's "Oldskool" patches...
You'd like to be able to play like that? ya flatter me well beyond what i deserve, Sir- and I'm really intrigued that you'd like to hear my take on ( :scared: :scared: .... :o ) Clifford Brown or Yusef Lateef! Wow!.... I think of my noises more in terms of "Perez Prado goes fishing with Johnny Cash" but most of the time what happens sounds more like somebody who listened to too much Tangerine Dream, Bauhaus and Romanelli in the 80's...if I'm lucky :D
Thanks for listening!

Return to “Music Cafe”