Heavy Soul Remix : Soulata

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

inspired by this post

It's a somewhat psychedelic/grungy, heavy soul version of a dance/funk track Soulata posted. From the original tracks, i used lots of vocals, saxophone, and some guitars. This is my first attempt ever at producing a song with female vocals, and it was a fun challenge.

Thanks to Soulata for letting us have a go at the original tracks!

.ogg vorbis download (3:50, 4.71mb, 192kbps vbr)

coolness man, totally different track hey,
slowed down and given an ambience of loose jazzy soul with some atmosphere,
shes a great talent but I have to say I like this version much better,
meters were a touch low on the ogg but sounded great,
good job

Cool driving distro bass, feedback and smashed drums.

Thanks for commenting, guys, glad you found some enjoyment from the remix.
Looking back, it is kind of on the quiet side. it is a kind of rough mix (i was baked at the time :shock:)

Hopefully i'm not excluding too many people by using the .ogg format 8)

Hey, couldn't listen to it before now (workin' all day .. he he he)

Mad version this one.

I didn't know I could play sax that well :)

It's funny though, how you and blaster78 (in his version) put some things rhythmically, mainly vocals. I find it really interesting, as you probably don't understand a word she's singing and it all comes out a bit ehm ... from outer space.

way cool.

would you mind if I put that one on my myspace page next to blaster78's?

(could I have a mp3?)

cheers

k

Hey funky,
This is great! Nice interpretation of this track. The bass guitar is awesome distorted, but needs to be pulled down just a little in the mix in my opinion (gets kinda muddy at high volumes).
Really well done remix. impressive.

cheers guys,
i hope my slovenian(?) wordings don't translate to anything too terrible, i'm actually quite curious as to what the english translation would be... google only gave me something about the 'titan within zepu' or some such...

as for the bass... maybe eventually i'll get around to remixing my remix, i thought the same thing too and kept going back and lowering it 1db at a time for the mixdown... apparently it's still too much :shock: like i said, i was a bit 'pre-occupied':hihi:

thanks for commenting! (i'll do that file soon Soulata, you can go ahead and upload what you've got as it is, if you haven't already)

Great mix, very nice bass & drums, I like your re-shaping of this track
Very innovative approach

Cheers

thanks for the words laguna, glad you enjoyed.

i have to bump this because i kind of like it :oops:

I think this is my favorite remix - lots of cool stuff. I like the distorted bass sound - the playing is a little stiff, but the sound is really good. I didn't think the levels were too low (I had to break out Winamp to play the .ogg but the volume levels were fine).

thanks for commenting rsadasiv, glad you enjoyed this remix.
i've always found it tricky to play convincing basslines on a keyboard, my one and only bass was nicked a while ago (a six-stringer at that!) and i'm stuck with using my midi keyboard instead... sorry about the ogg, i use winamp by default anyway :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”