Soul remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just getting started with this remix thing - any advice?

I Can Resist Anything (But Temptation)

You want to tighten up the backing snare, kick and hats. I'd try to process the drums a bit so they sound like an authentic old recording (but thats just me ;) ). Using a bit of tape drive should do the trick! Some parts like the guitar kinda fall flat. Definitely consider adding some more subtle variation on the sub arrangements, especially when transitioning from one part to another. Some overall balancing and compression is needed to get everything a bit more cohesive and glued together (kinda sounds all over the place at certain parts). Whats up with the fading in of bass and arrangements? Sounds like the song is about to end then continues into another part.. Consider breaking down parts (soloing groups) and then switching over arrangements instead..

The girls voice is kinda funny though :lol:

Not bad, just needs some tweaking tis all..

L

Lagrange wrote:You want to tighten up the backing snare, kick and hats. I'd try to process the drums a bit so they sound like an authentic old recording (but thats just me ;) ). Using a bit of tape drive should do the trick!
Vintage drum sounds with modern compression - great idea!
Lagrange wrote:Whats up with the fading in of bass and arrangements? Sounds like the song is about to end then continues into another part.
I need to work on my dj skills. The beatmatching wasn't totally smooth, so I thought a crossfade would smooth it out. I guess I should do a better job on the crossfades, or preferably, match beats better in the first place.

Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Music Cafe”