3am - bearer of the mark (noise, obnoxious)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After being apprehensive for a long time I finally bent my Casio keyboard, as well as the Realistic reverb I acquired. Here are the results:

Bearer of the mark

If you are not a fan of irritating noise, you may want to give this one a pass. It's 27 minutes of drones, squeals, whines and ...well noise.

Here are my modified toys:

Surprisingly enough, they function perfectly when none of the mods are active. I thought for sure that I was going to break them irreparably but was content with the idea that I would get some cool sounds before I threw them out. Instead, they retain their original sound and have the added bonus of being completely obnoxious when I want them to be.

And the neighbors thought they hated me before. :hihi:

Thanks,
3am

Someone's been up late at night mutilating their machines? Only this time from the outside in.

Gonna have to take this in a big bite, so I'll get back to you on this. I'm at about the 5 minute mark and i can tell you there's some very interesting textures in this. I hope you are listening to this in lower volumes.
Mad scientist hallucination soundtrack.
Love the Toyota manuals in the background.

I'll get back to you when my ears have stopped ringing...:)

How does one lower a volume? My knobs only go one way... towards eleven. Seriously though, I had to do this in one take 'cause it hurt like hell to listen to in headphones! After the initial recording I blindly automated some (virtual) reverb parameters and called it finished.

Heh, my car bill. For once it's paid on time! :lol:

hey justin it's an interesting piece! listened this one during the night... some great parts !!
but i need another (deeper) listening now...

My hangover forced me to keep the volume fairly low, but this is loaded with delicious sounds. Nice ride!

Where did the intermittent beats come from?
Image Image

I have to be in the mood to listen to some things, so I wasn't sure about this but I went ahead. Actually it was rather delightful, and some surprising moments (I think around 7:30 and the climax in the final minutes)

I downloaded the file but it I'm even more excited that your circuitbending somehow left the original noisemakers unharmed ?!

Congrats, you must be as happy as a kitten shitting 8)

Thanks guys, I didn't this would be very enjoyable... more a showcase of the broken-ness. Indeed it's not ideal hangover music.

The beats came from the Casio, it's actually a cool little beast! All the tone generators (including the drums) are analog under digital control. It has a cool accompaniment section that is controlled by the preset drum patterns and lowest octave of the keyboard. It's not programmable aside from the speed of the sequencer and the sound presets but I was able to get really weird patterns from the drum sequencer by bridging certain circuits. The only modification I made permanent on the reverb was the feedback loop that is triggered by that red button, when engaged it doesn't even require a sound source. It self oscillates with the delay time determining the pitch. There are other things I can make it do but I only had the one button laying around.

I'm very happy that it continues to function according to it's original spec because I occasionally take it with me when I know I'm gonna be board (family events, DMV lines), this way I don't have to worry about disturbing the people around me... unless I want to.

Not listened yet (but surely will, and something tells me that NTNS has yet another candidate for play)

I have the same realistic reverb which was my first bend; superb sounds I get from it and it just seems unbreakable. Such a nice mess on these pics!

Return to “Music Cafe”