Please give your opinion :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yony.z wrote: B.T.W. What do you think about that sound on 0:53?
I've tried to make it surround with some kind of effect, and i made the whole track using headphones, and i haven't tested it on speakers yet..
That's cool !

I'm listening to it on my speakers and sounds good, the pads are less upfront then before, but that's ok. Drums are ok.
It's fine by me. But consider this is just my opinion, maybe others could find something they dislike.

Cheers

I've checked that weird sound on my speakers (which are definitely not monitors) through my poor mp3 player, and that surround effect just didn't work..
also, the mix doesn't transfers well to speakers..
The snares sounds muddy and the bassline sounds too bad..

OK, so this track will be best played on Headphones :)

..yoni, you've managed a soundquality by mixing on headphones that is superior to my tracks, so don't worry to much about that :wink: yet one suggestion might be: take your time, and let a track develop. Instead of adding or cutting a sound, let a track progress more naturally, let it flow with overlapping rythm patterns and use ambient sounds to introduce a change or break. You have plenty of good ideas, and a good song just needs one or two of them. Spin them out, make variations, move away and come back; then, from what i heard, you'd be one to keep an ear out for :tu:
'This too shall pass'

yony.z wrote:Cool :D (didn't want to call it "bump")

on second listen I really like this track... actually I mean to comment on you mix, but I keep getting tranced and no paying attention.

Good track. Let somebody else comment on you mix. if you finish it. and do a home mastering. and put up a 320kbs mp3, I would dj it.
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

You made me Happy :D

Thanks a lot :)

now i'm going to sleep, and i will sleep tight again! :)
Last edited by yonyz on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hmm, how about calling this track "Uzu-Buzu" ?
is that a good one?

I agree with what other have said about the first mix,some good ideas that need developing.Nice work on the hihats though.I'll have a listen to the second mix and come back. Sleep tight yony! :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:I agree with what other have said about the first mix,some good ideas that need developing.
so maybe you can point me to what i should fix.. actually, that's why i've created that topic.

No 2 is definitely better.

Still not really my thing though :?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:No 2 is definitely better.

Still not really my thing though :?
what is your thing? (just curious..)

Actually, I don't know :oops:

There's all sorts of things I like in all sorts of styles (not that I'd recognise one genre from another), but without in anyway dissing your work, it just doesn't jingle bells for me.

Having said that I've enjoyed some music the regulars have done and really disliked others from the same artists :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Okay.. you're a bit like me
I love anything that just sounds good for me..
i mean, i mostly like psy trance music, but sometimes i hear music which is played with one guitar only, and i just like it, even if it's got nothing to do with psy trance music.

sometimes i even find house music to sound good for me, although i hate this music :P

yony.z wrote:but sometimes i hear music which is played with one guitar only, and i just like it, even if it's got nothing to do with psy trance music.
Which guitar music does? :shock:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:
yony.z wrote:but sometimes i hear music which is played with one guitar only, and i just like it, even if it's got nothing to do with psy trance music.
Which guitar music does? :shock:[/quote

that's not what i meant..
i meant that even if the music is not even a bit like psytrance..
i can sometimes like a rock song, well actually there's only 2 that i like..

"What i've done" and "Hang me up to Dry"..
but i hate all other rock songs.

Heh!
This is getting highly psycho-wotsit
... or is that, meta-thing?

<thinks> I'm sure there's an 'ology' in there somewhere.
:D

Return to “Music Cafe”