hard listening

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool stuff. Does sound like a chicken, but pretty cool nonetheless. I don't really know what else to say...

Wow, I will concede that there is one reoccurring sound that in laptop speakers sounds like a chicken. In headphones I can tell it it's not but in headphones this track is scary! It occupies a space heavily populated by unsavory characters. Then everything gets quiet. Then their chatter starts again, with more fervor. Very intense.

3am

maybe it's the ghost of chicken past?

i like your tracks, their different.. i'm not gonna say anything that's will cheer you more, or whatever, so i'll jump to the next bit..
.. your threads are weird, is it the music, or a bunch of voodoo puppets you're playing with?
:hihi:

fatjack wrote:your threads are weird, is it the music, or a bunch of voodoo puppets you're playing with?
i spent five years of my life living like a shaolin monk studying composition with a man who will forever be known as one of the most, if not the most, complex composers of earthly history: brian ferneyhough. here's a teaser from one of his scores, which by the way is for solo flute:

http://users.unimi.it/~gpiana/dm7/lanza/image102.gif

the relationship with this man changed me, made me to a large extent who i am artistically. once you've gotten drunk on the high of complexity (notation, sound, form, content, structure, etc.) it's difficult, perhaps impossible, to ever regain your innocence.

That guy seriously, seriously needs FL Studio or the like and a Kontakt library pronto. Has he any idea how much easier that'd be to score with a midi editor???

It looks like a dexadrine seizure. I can't imagine a human mind can sight-read that, but I'd really like to hear it nonetheless. I'll put it in FL BeepMap (the bitmap synth) and see how it sounds.

rachmiel wrote:
fatjack wrote:your threads are weird, is it the music, or a bunch of voodoo puppets you're playing with?
i spent five years of my life living like a shaolin monk studying composition with a man who will forever be known as one of the most, if not the most, complex composers of earthly history: brian ferneyhough. here's a teaser from one of his scores, which by the way is for solo flute:

http://users.unimi.it/~gpiana/dm7/lanza/image102.gif

the relationship with this man changed me, made me to a large extent who i am artistically. once you've gotten drunk on the high of complexity (notation, sound, form, content, structure, etc.) it's difficult, perhaps impossible, to ever regain your innocence.
i don't know... i laughed when first saw it :lol:

i'm not taking the piss, really, i just laughed, i find it funny, maybe curious, that's it i guess.. we're cool eh? ok? :)
its late here, i'm on to bed
cheer.. zzzzzzzz

I see an intense, but friendly argument between 3 aliens sitting at a table drinking.
Subject matter unknown, but there is what seems to be laughter here and there between the rants.....

Interesting musical/mathematical sonic perspective as always, Rick.

Hmmm, didn't touch me like organisch... full bodied, with a nice foamy head on it mind.
Image Image

> That guy seriously, seriously needs FL Studio or the like and a Kontakt library pronto. Has he any idea how much easier that'd be to score with a midi editor???

these days his scores are rendered in sibelius (or the like). when i studied with him, he did everything by hand: including the staff lines. me too! some of my scores from that time look a lot like his (though somewhat less insanely baroque).

> It looks like a dexadrine seizure.

yes.

> I can't imagine a human mind can sight-read that,

brian's take on the almost incomprehensible complexity of his scores with respect to performance is very humanistic:

his goal is to have the instrumentalist be transformed during the long period in which he struggles to 'master' the piece (which, as brian knows, is an oxymoron, since there is no mastering of complexity like this). the performance itself is as much self portrait (of the instrumentalist) as rendition of notated sounds.

> i laughed when first saw it

laugh as in: how goofy! or as in: how unfathomably complex?

rachmiel wrote:> i laughed when first saw it

laugh as in: how goofy! or as in: how unfathomably complex?
that is a really good question thats making me think about meself!
looking at it again, i find it of course, really... cool?
for flute? i dare to say i'm not convinced, but than i probably don't have the knowhow to understand it in its totality.. i think i may know i don't have it :lol:
the laughs, are probably more of a paper and pencil thing
i'll leave it here
thanks for the share :)

>brian's take on the almost incomprehensible complexity of his scores with respect to performance is very humanistic:

>his goal is to have the instrumentalist be transformed during the long period in which he struggles to 'master' the piece (which, as brian knows, is an oxymoron, since there is no mastering of complexity like this). the performance itself is as much self portrait (of the instrumentalist) as rendition of notated sounds.

Very insteresting.

The reason it makes me laugh is the implausible inadequacy of the notation to capture the intended performance and convey it to a human mind. That, of course, is why I love midi and hate midi and wish I dealt only in OSC or something less keyboard-centric.

What a beautiful concept for a score.

i think you have exceptional skills at organizing sounds and laying them out in a very cool, individually musical way...i personally don't enjoy the repetitive samples, but i didn't find anything necessarily "hard" about it at all...

Return to “Music Cafe”