3am - an accomplished failure (simple and broken)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finished this last night. Pretty tame, no real freakouts, just a mellow beat and some synths.

an accomplished failure

Some sounds translate strangely from system to system but the mix remains coherent as far as I know. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
3am

very nice...
excellent rhythms as always,
mix sounds really coherent for me...
top stuff!!

cheers.

Quite the cinematographer you are, with the music I mean. Like JacK_SoliuM wrote, "mix sounds really coherent for me...top stuff!!". Plus, exactly right for this morning's listening.

Justin, sounds great on the A7s! Nice mellow vibe (what's happening to you?! :lol: ), with a bit of an 80s flair to me, DMish perhaps? Anyhow, very cool bro, enjoyed it a lot! :)
Image Image

Thanks gents!

The biggest issue I'm having is with laptop speakers. The clicking percussion sound is basically a sudden DC offset which isn't something that speakers are designed to reproduce realistically. The sound becomes kind of overbearing on small speakers.

I'm glad that people are enjoying my mellow streak. :D I'll be back to agro break-core in the near future. I'm just trying to expand my horizons.

Thanks again!

Once again, you have shat out a badass track.
Your mellowness 'phase' only gives me the time to enjoy more of the brilliant subtleties in your work. It might feel outside of your comfort zone a little, but you're very good at this style. There is some sexy, sultry lows throughout and the key progressions are totally choice.
Really nice keeper....
Good work.

Nice. Huge compression :)

Thanks a million Jazzy. I'm trying to learn to be a little more experimental in my melodic departures and this is really the first success in that regard.

Thanks for listening sink =]

Gotta keep this one near the top for a bit....

...cuz I feel like this song really speaks to me about me.

Thanks dude, I keep forgeting to bump this!

Very nice... Really like it. It's got a real atmospheric rhythm to it. What sounds were you using for that rhythm? They're lush!

Oh, the drums all started out as normal drum sounds (kick, snare, HH and congas) along with some gong samples that were set to mute groups. All of these sounds were sent to a hall reverb (Arts Acoustic reverb) with a long decay and then to the Sonalksis SV-315mk2 compressor. The combination of the reverb and the compressor are what really make that sound; I cranked the threshold on the compressor to -30dB, set the ratio to 10:1 with an attack of 20ms and a decay of 50ms. That is what makes the percussion really pump.

very pretty track, remind me some Mouse on Mars past songs, but this one of yours is more wandering and seems to pass away like a cloud (if my english is correct),

Thanks Liqih, that was kind of the feeling I had about it.

Return to “Music Cafe”