DRS - Electro nap

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[edit]

Just uploaded the new version of it:

Electro nap v2

The old version is here: Electro nap

This was my first attempt to mix one of my songs at very low levels in all tracks and avoiding using compressors (thou there are some) and EQs. It was an interesting experience, 'cause while u're mixing it's easy to notice how much headroom you have to add stuff if/when needed.

As always, critics and suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by DRS on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

host has quit me when i try to download twice now, must be a Saturday night traffic jam in the superhighway. I'll get back to ya on this later....

Thanks a lot, Jazzy.

I checked some of your work. Really liked 'no way no how', wicked production! :tu: Congrats!

Thanks,DRS. I still can't download that file. Keep getting "problem loading page" error. Can you upload it to box.net or something? Get back to me.
Peace

Uploaded it again, this time on the Internet Archive. Hope it works now.

Electro nap

Thanks!

hmmmmmmmmm :D

love the slow, slow build. the shuffley beat and bass are great together.

the "traditional" drums surprised me but it made a lot more sense as i listened on and the piano and geetar joined in.

nice listen, not really my thing (cept the build at the beginning :love: ) but certainly pleasant.

cheers,

steve.

I agree with Steve. The first 2 minutes are rewarding, but when the track becomes more traditional in sound/arrangement design, it loses something.
Good musicianship in there, but this could be more adventurous in the sonic department..
Hope this was the kind of feedback you were looking for.
peace

Steve and Jazzy,

Thanks guys for the comments. Exactly what i was expecting (i had the same feeling about the track). I'll try to make a new version of it.

Cheers.

[bump]

New version uploaded.

Feels like its missing something...

for Electro nap v2,
sounds like a 3 parts composition:
1) good sounds, moderately good melodies
2) I like this one the most with the loose post-rock feel and a great bass
3) drums ok, riff and piano...mm.. not a very catchy part IMHO

overall the sound production is smooth and easy to listen too

my 2c

Return to “Music Cafe”