From now on- a Canadian song!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a song that forms part of a story that I am writing. Here a refugee is overjoyed to be granted into Canada. Later in the story, reality hits and optimism fades. Would love feedback on writing and production:

Song is From Now on @

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=405294

Zaman, just caught this one. Enjoyed it. Nicely produced. Did you finish the project?
Anthony

Project is still a work in progress. 4 more songs to go. Then I have to write the stoiry and finally splice narration with music. Given the day job, that should take minimum another year.

My favorite parts mix Dexy's Midnight Runners and the Pogues. Some of the backing vocals don't flow very well - it might be a phrasing issue or it might be that the voice sounds like it should be narrating a filmstrip at that point.

I have remixed the song with bass levels adjusted, vox (ld and bk) reverb levels adjusted, wider panning and crashes with body added.

Any thoughts and feedback welcome:

From now on @

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=405294

hey greetings TO from the Kawartha Lakes, this is cool, mix seems fine
has a great out of the city feel, really would go over big here
nice!! have a good one :D

One final remix. For those who have helped me along with this- many, many thanks. I have worked on the following:

- cleaned up cymbals
- eq'ed to help elements sit better in the mix
- bought clarity to the mix by using less reverb and also mixing in some delay instead.
- bought some dynamics to the mix by riding faders a little more.
- Used a little more compression overall.
- Bought separation between backing vox and lead vox.

That is it. Must move on to the next song. Once more many thanks to all.

Any comments and thoughts welcome as ever.

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”