Polyslax - No. 13 Rue Paixhans

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Down tempo atmospheric with a touch of horror. Could it be shorter? Yup! I might just fade it a little after the 10 minute mark.

No. 13 Rue Paixhans

128 bit .mp3
12.2 mb
13:20 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen! :)
Image Image

Cool piece. I didn't feel much horror. The length is accurate. Don't shorten it.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Very very good. One of your best ever, imo! 10/10 from me.

It's so melancholy and yet it never goes sappy...
Rakkervoksen

Very creppy Poly, I love the parts before beat comes in. I love the pumping compressor on the percussion. Excellent track for a peculiar night.

3am

This is fantastic. I find my self speechless except to say this is awesome.
I'll get back to you after a while of listening. There's not a sound or note in this track I don't like.
I'll bump this in a day or so and get back to you. nice.

I really, really like this. Thank you so much, it's a very beautiful gift. Hauntingly familiar. Sublime.

We need more of this in the world, despite it's length and breadth, the sense of space is immaculate, the sounds original, and as a whole it's utterly involving.. great! If I may say one thing.. although the beat is good when it drops it introduces the element of real world conventions which MAY (remember I'm no master) not be right for this track, maybe.

stanlea wrote:Cool piece. I didn't feel much horror. The length is accurate. Don't shorten it.
Thanks stanlea! I guess I scare easily... :)
Hovmod wrote:Very very good. One of your best ever, imo! 10/10 from me.

It's so melancholy and yet it never goes sappy...
Much appreciated Hovmod!
justin3am wrote:Very creppy Poly, I love the parts before beat comes in. I love the pumping compressor on the percussion. Excellent track for a peculiar night.

3am
Cheers Justin!
Jazzyspoon wrote:This is fantastic. I find my self speechless except to say this is awesome.
I'll get back to you after a while of listening. There's not a sound or note in this track I don't like.
I'll bump this in a day or so and get back to you. nice.
Thanks a lot Jazzy!
bobsled wrote:I really, really like this. Thank you so much, it's a very beautiful gift. Hauntingly familiar. Sublime.
Hey bobsled! Great to hear from you, and thanks for the review!
corman rapeblio wrote:We need more of this in the world, despite it's length and breadth, the sense of space is immaculate, the sounds original, and as a whole it's utterly involving.. great! If I may say one thing.. although the beat is good when it drops it introduces the element of real world conventions which MAY (remember I'm no master) not be right for this track, maybe.
Thanks Aaron, and you're absolutely right about the beat. I feel it too but decided to leave it as is for now... it's just a by-product of the peculiar way the track developed.
Image Image

excellent stuff............few sounds in there i recognise :wink:

pendle wrote:excellent stuff............few sounds in there i recognise :wink:
:D Indeed, cheers pendle!

Folks, pendle makes some beautiful and unique sample sets that you should check out if you're looking for something off the beaten path. His Dulcitone and Steel Drum Percussion Room sets were used in this track. You can find them here:

http://www.virb.com/dulcitone1884
Image Image

:love:

sublim!

JacK_SoliuM wrote::love:

sublim!
:D Many thanks!
Image Image

What's with the title "no 13 rue paixhans" - sounds like a Basque Frenchman would live?

runagate wrote:What's with the title "no 13 rue paixhans" - sounds like a Basque Frenchman would live?
It's the first address I lived at... and by all accounts quite a spooky place.

edit: I should add, the namsake of the street:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri-Joseph_Paixhans
Image Image

mmm-mmm-mmm
Gotta get my shakra's together now.
The world needs more 13 minute songs.
Most excellent poly.
Reminiscent of some of Fantomas' less chaotic works (Delrivm Cordia).

Return to “Music Cafe”