Polyslax - Demi Monde

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something tells me I've missed all sorts of good stuff since the last time I visited. This track is so "my thing" that I'm just gonna make believe you made it for me! It's is gonna be blasting through the big system at work on monday. The drone-y groaning sounds are really creepy, like you slowed down the howling noise lady cats make when they're in... you know... estrous?

I can't even begin to deconstruct the sound design behind this one. Really good work!

3am

Klemperer wrote:Back on the internet after 2 weeks, and first song I listen to is this. Yes, full of movement :) . But there are repetitive elements in the song that give it a structure, I think, in a very nice way. I like the picture-description of Rachmiel for this one. In my case I "saw" nothing, then at 2nd listening something different, but not too interesting to tell. Nice song! I have to listen on really bad laptop-speakers right now, and so maybe I miss a lot. Funny, after 3rd listening the "moving" turns into a nearly "calm" piece for me. I may be a very shmaltzy-music-listener, and from that point of view your song fits well into the music I love, as it (excuse if the explanation sounds stupid) goes a bit to the "borders", Grenzen, of melodic music. A bit of a movement from quite different ways of making music, and that's what I really like in your music. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words Klemperer!
mystahr wrote:Had this on play earlier this morning, but something came inbetween listening and replying. So I took another listen just now. Chaoticly freaky creation, yet staying within it's own realm. Bit of a sudden ending though
Appreciate the feedback mystahr! Chaoticly freaky... I like that! :D
opia wrote:Fun with headphones 8)

I like that muted lead sound alot
Cheers opia!
justin3am wrote:Something tells me I've missed all sorts of good stuff since the last time I visited. This track is so "my thing" that I'm just gonna make believe you made it for me! It's is gonna be blasting through the big system at work on monday. The drone-y groaning sounds are really creepy, like you slowed down the howling noise lady cats make when they're in... you know... estrous?

I can't even begin to deconstruct the sound design behind this one. Really good work!

3am
Thanks Justin! There was a lot of audio recorded for this track! :D (and much of it wasn't used...)
Image Image

Finishes too soon. Consistently interesting sounds here.

Impressive mix, and kind of odd - lots of foreground and middle ground, but the reverby wailing wall somehow makes the whole song feel more inward and contained, rather than opening things out to the horizon.

Nice one. Would be interested to hear a little more about your methods, if you're ever in the mood.

Barnadine wrote:Finishes too soon. Consistently interesting sounds here.

Impressive mix, and kind of odd - lots of foreground and middle ground, but the reverby wailing wall somehow makes the whole song feel more inward and contained, rather than opening things out to the horizon.

Nice one. Would be interested to hear a little more about your methods, if you're ever in the mood.
Cheers for that Barnadine!

On method... I like to take 2 fairly normal sounding tracks and begin combining them in strange ways, or, as in the case of this one, turning a track in on itself. I recorded the track proper, then recorded 4 more wrecked versions of it. After that it was a matter of mixing parts of the 5 pieces together.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”