New Tune from Me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well going by the rate of new entries lately, this will probably get to page 300 in two days :(

NEway this is an extended version of a tune I've put up for the Kara-Moon contest this month. It is still quite short and could almost make the KVR contest (although it wouldn't fit the theme).

I hope you like it, and as always, comments welcome.

I've used ZynAddSubFX (as usual) but also Sound Canvas & Qsynth with the fluidR3_GM soundfont.

We Are Coming Homemp3 versionorogg version
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Really atmospheric composition. Good harmonies and use of instrumentation.
With the title in mind, as I was listening I imagined it playing behind a TV advert where the family were out bustling around the shops in the winter weather and finally arriving home to a big roaring fire and a slap-up meal on the table(ad for some sort of food, etc)
Nice one.
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

rather beautifull teletubbies like composition
(don't mean that in a bad way)

i enjoyed it
perhaps the lead lower in volume

nifty harmonies
peacefull and lovely

i always find your music strangely comforting, as if it's being performed on an icy winter's day, by a favourite - slightly louche - uncle, on a 1970's Lowrey organ, whilst logs crackle on a stove, and all, temporarily, is well.

i have a 1970's Lowrey Symphonic Citation - it's like Moon Safari in a sideboard... :D

about to press 'submit' and i see offthewall's post...

Damn! These tracks slip off the bottom fast these days :(

@ offthewall

Ta mate. This isn't one of the scenes I'd imagined for the track but it does fit very well. Glad you like it.

@ ET
Thanks. Nothing wrong with Teletubbies :) Although for me it was The Clangers :hihi:

Maybe I should drop the level of the lead for the first section (before the strings come in) then ease up it so it doesn't get swamped by the later instruments.

@ clueless
Glad you like the tune. Comforting and warm fuzzies is fine by me. Interesting that both you and offthewall picked up the log fire. Have I managed to touch something deep and primordal?

Nah, not me! Just a lucky coincidence :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Yeah, definitely picking up on the mood mentioned by otw, ET and clueless, there's something festive and holiday-like happening, yet the Teletubbies comment isn't far off either, or maybe Watership Down... ok, let's wrap up now... a children's Christmas tale is what you've got here! Great listen, thanks!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:a children's Christmas tale is what you've got here! Great listen, thanks!
Thanks poly.

Hmmm, now all we need to do is write a story to go with it, find a graphic artist and... :D

A little bump 'cos I'm just mnot ready for page three yet guys :D

I have no idea what I think about this track. On one hand it's frighteningly cute, on the other borderline psychotic. The organ-juiced ending provides evidence of the latter, and that's the aftertaste while writing this. Put simply I don't know if this music makes me want to hug small furry animals, or lop the legs of them with an axe.

Wow! My music's never had that effect on anyone before :?

Return to “Music Cafe”