13 words for snow [folk pop]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voice and guitar, glorified demo with a few trimmings:

Thirteen Words for Snow (~2.5mb)

Slightly stodgy - guitar part was originally intended as a placeholder for a more elaborate arrangement but, as sometimes happens, the vocal/guitar demo got the basic point across and innate laziness kicked in. Might take it apart and polish it up later, but for now I'm open to suggestion.

Positive & negative feedback welcome, as always.

This is a bit of a slow burner - it took 2 or 3 plays before I really started getting into it.
Lovely simple arrangement. That melodica tone sounds a bit like Precision Sounds Koestler Rigoletto...? That mandolin-like muted fast picking bit is a lovely touch as well.
Another pocket-sized classic.
A real touching song, and your voice on top form yet again.

I always look forward to your tracks and really dig your voice... I'm having trouble with the rhythm of the guitar in this one tho, finding it a bit distracting, and don't think it brings that much to the track. Otherwise, lovely as always!
Image Image

A nice song indeed, this is a small gem
I really like the vocals/guitar combination and all the aside-sounds arrangements are excellent and classy not kitsch. The vocals are class A+

Cheers

you have a lovely voice :D

I really enjoyed its gentlness.

Thanks for the share!

thanks for taking the time to comment.

oddbod - good ear! that is indeed the koestler rigoletto. i love that soundfont and plan to marry it.

polyslax - yeah, the guitar part isn't hugely imaginative and wasn't intended to survive to the final stage. part of the problem is i played this to a fixed tempo click track - it really should speed up a little in the chorus-type sections or it feels like it's plodding.

cheers all. 8)

Barnadine wrote: that is indeed the koestler rigoletto. i love that soundfont and plan to marry it.
that hussy - she promised herself to me!! :cry:

It is indeed a superb soundfont/sample-program.
Precisionsound do some great samples and this must be one of the best freebie's around.

Thanks for the very enjoyable music. Like your voice, you're very talented.

So, which are folks fav Barnadine tunes?

this was a nice change from the seemingly endless moused music,
I quite liked the open hand strum technique on the guitar, I also appreciate your live performance on vocal, coolness of it..
the last string on the last strum, hey thats live :D

enjoyed!!

This sounds like something that would fit in a Wes Anderson movie. I really like your voice, though you sound a little insecure about it at times, that seems to be a bit of it's charm. The over all sound is very unassuming. Quality stuff!

Thanks,
3am

Return to “Music Cafe”