[img015] Six Blind Months

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

normal wrote:i thought the fawning bit was a nice touch , though ...
:hihi:

Live blogging the stream:

Murch: I get a lot of big ship images from it, probably due to the low foghorn/smokestack sounding background and some of the metallic/feedback-ish texture.

Aoril: Mangled voices at the onset are cool. The airy-watery sounds halfway through this are reinforcing the ship theme.

Moy: Nothing specific to add about this one. Seems to contain the same flavors. I don't know if the tracks reused any materials but there seems to be some cohesiveness to the sound. And there seem to be repeating elements that are close if not identical (high pitched bell/sonar ping type sounds, etc).

Will finish later, hopefully. So far, I'm deep within the hull of a big metal ship that is struggling to stay upright in rough seas. Oh, and I'm tied up and being whipped. :hihi:

Here's a down payment on the fawning adulation: :love:
Regards, Mike

mn wrote:Here's a down payment on the fawning adulation: :love:
Norm will be so pleased.

Thanks for the run down, Mike, look forward to the rest. The big ship theme is interesting.

Jine: Lots of random noises and pings and dings, like things sliding along the floor and wrenches and chains contacting metal. Crackles and fizzing... are those electrodes? More voices... what do they want from me? How can I answer with that racket in my ear?

Jaly: There are too many sounds, I can't identify them, I can't tell what is happening. Will I get out of here? Where is this noise coming from? Am I doomed to expire with this cacaphony as my only companion?

Augast: Unnh. I must have passed out again. Where am I? We seem to be in a vehicle of some sort now. Where are we going? I can feel the scorching sun and I can taste dust in my mouth. The engines have stopped. We must have arrived. But where? Will I be freed, or...?

Owing I guess to the imagery that the sounds gave me along with the cover image and title (and even your working title for Jine and the 'solitary confinement' method), this journey seemed a bit like the soundtrack of an extraordinary rendition by sea. That's the backstory my imagination was filling in and applying to the whole. :help:

It didn't all fit, but a lot of it did.
Regards, Mike

Thanks for the listen and comments.

:D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Six blind months in a leaky boat it is then. I hope the Finns don't sue us.

Thanks for posting the complete dialog, Mike.

thanks for getting all pelagic on us , mike ...

8)

normal wrote:pelagic
That's easy for you to say.

shamann wrote:
normal wrote:pelagic
That's easy for you to say.
i gots book learnin' ...

normal wrote:i gots book learnin' ...
No arguing with that.

Return to “Music Cafe”