Berlin Sequence [updated]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Triggered by "2001 in 5 seconds" I thought I'd make a demo song for Z2 that covers the history of Berlin School from early TD till today, but of course it ended up a bit housy (as it always does when I find the right base drum...)

TD fan will hopefully notice a little homage to my fav album, Poland - The Warsaw Concert

http://www.zebrasynth.com/songs/Berlin%20Sequence.mp3

Enjoy,

;) Urs

[UPDATE] Due to popular demand I added some bits at the end. I also tidied up the beginning. Feels much better now to me 8)
Last edited by Urs on Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice sync lead on this one.A bit short maybe, it could be developped more.

HumanBeing2 wrote:Nice sync lead on this one.A bit short maybe, it could be developped more.
Thanks!

The idea was to not develop it any further :oops: - It would easily be 18-22 minutes in 1978, but I kind of wanted to stuff it into 3-5 minutes... like the shortest time possible to show certain elements of Berlin School, in the way it influenced me...

Hmmm... there's room for more climax after the current end though... will look into that tomorrow... :)

;) Urs

Definitely too short.

If you really wanted it you could be the next Grandfather of the Berlin Sound.

You need to start now and continue for a couple of decades (miss out the middle America bit though) and abstain from Beer of course...Ah, I've gone too far there... :hihi:

Herr Froese needs to plough some more money into research, like in the old days. Get yourself on the Staff of Froese Towers and get the Zebra on the big screens...you know it makes sense (unlike me of course) :lol:

Hey Urs, that's pretty good, and yes, I did like the little homage in there 8)

And if you do ever develop it into a longer piece I'd love to hear it.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Good piece! It needs to be 10 times longer, though.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

wow this is really good, I feel like a total hobbyist musician. rock out mate...

Zebra has some wicked nice tones also...

OMG abrupt stop.. wierd.. what a trip

8) 8) 8) cool track

Urs wrote:Triggered by "2001 in 5 seconds" I thought I'd make a demo song for Z2 that covers the history of Berlin School from early TD till today, but of course it ended up a bit housy (as it always does when I find the right base drum...)

TD fan will hopefully notice a little homage to my fav album, Poland - The Warsaw Concert

http://www.zebrasynth.com/songs/Berlin%20Sequence.mp3

Enjoy,

;) Urs
Fabulous tune. Not too short...perfect.

How much of that was Z2? Everything but the drums?

I may just had to buy it now (even though I own practically every VST out there already and don't use 10% of them!!)

Have the Receptor issues been solved? 100% compatible now?

Again, nice tune...really enjoyed it...it's going on my iPod :-D

cool sounds and an easy progression. Really like the percussive elements towards the end. Sounds like a great mix overall.
Nice.

My boss always tells me that I'm too young to appreciate good music (I'm only 24 believe it or not) but he and I can agree that this is extremely well done. To me it sounds like a cross between Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk, he looked at me when I said that and said "what are you talking about, it sounds like..." then he listed some bands with German names that I had never heard before. Anyway, he is friends with someone named Christopher Franke (sp?) that he said would be interested to hear this.

I really enjoyed this track, it has something that I tend to miss from music of this style, though I can't really say what. Anyway, thanks for helping to restore my boss's faith in my musical taste :hihi:

Cheers

[quote="justin3am"](I'm only 24 believe it or not) /quote]

omg your 24...

:shock:

you r so wise for 24

justin3am wrote:he is friends with someone named Christopher Franke (sp?)
Are you serious? Mr. Franke is among my favourite former TD members! :-o

Hybernation wrote:Fabulous tune. Not too short...perfect.

How much of that was Z2? Everything but the drums?
It's all Zebra... I think 14 instances... 11 factory patches, drums (base + snare) from the Oldskool set and that percussive noise sound in the middle dialed in from scratch. The master channel contains Logic's AdLimiter with a bit of extra gain to harvest some pumping from the base drum.

I don't like the intro that much, but I also never really liked them back in 1984 (that's when I bought *every* vinyl from TD that I could find). I think the flute should be more subtle there and the "space intermission" effect should be more distributed in time.

If I find time I'll try to add another part to the back and see if there's space for another climax, and maybe a proper ending - I'm pretty used to end my songs abruptly, I always do :oops:

Later,

;) Urs

Return to “Music Cafe”