Okay, how do I post a song?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All right-- question coming from a semi-newbee, not very tech-deep guy.
I've got some tunes I'd like to post, but not sure how to go about it. I can get things in MP3 form. Then what?? Do I need to have them on the web somehow (I don't have a myspace or anything like that)??

Thanks for your help--

Oh yeah, and I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing. The music tracker is a great way for me to hear a lot of different folks' stuff. Inspiring.

oh you must sign up at google pages, or use a service like 4shared, or box net...

then its considered proper to place a direct link to the track here in your thread... I think googlepages would be best...

use google to make a tiny homepage for yourself, and you will have your tracks up in no time.

cheers

Dunno whether you still need a Gmail invite to use Google pages, but if so just let me know and I'll send an invite.

[edit] Never mind, you can sign up for a Google account without needing to be invited, or pick some other service to host your music. Good luck!

Thanks for the leads people. I'll get to figurng that out soon--

ckatrun411 wrote:oh you must sign up at google pages, or use a service like 4shared, or box net...

then its considered proper to place a direct link to the track here in your thread... I think googlepages would be best...

use google to make a tiny homepage for yourself, and you will have your tracks up in no time.

cheers

the direct link is the only way to show up in the tracker, and while people will listen to soundclick or myspca more people will indeed listen with a direct link.

Return to “Music Cafe”