first attempt

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Newish to music, new to DAW, new to web links... Hopefully this will work out right. Thanks to those who gave me guidance in an earlier post.

Anyway, this is kind of a rockin' number. My first piece on Tracktion3.

http://flouncerinasbelly.googlepages.com/WhoKnew.mp3

2.2 MB
2:21 mins
.mp3, but I don't know the bit rate.

Welcome to the 60's!!!

Cool... very retro.

toine6 wrote:Welcome to the 60's!!!

Cool... very retro.
f**king awesome very cool, lets hear some more....

Come on ! Go on... sweet guitar music
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I'm just gonna bump what stanlea said. 8)

btw 128 CBR is probably the lowest quality one would want to use. If one were to compare -V 2 --vbr-new (or similiar) to that same CBR setting, one might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the kind words ya'll. I'll be putting some more up later. Just got back form eating some good bird & I'm due for some quality nappage.

bobsled wrote:
btw 128 CBR is probably the lowest quality one would want to use. If one
were to compare -V 2 --vbr-new (or similiar) to that same CBR setting,
one might be pleasantly surprised

bobsled, or others,,-- can you clear me up on CBR, V 2, & vbr-new?? What is that stuff & how would I go about changing it?

Thanks again.

How did you make the .mp3 you posted? Judging from the Xing (new) writing library I'd guess maybe from within your host?

Intro @ http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php ... ME#Remarks

Stuff I can help explain using EAC and Mp3tag.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind ... opic=28124

Another, easier to use software, winLame.

Thanks a bunch bobsled,

Actually, I had been working with all .wav files & ended up converting the songs I had to .mp3 by using a converter within the Easy CD-DA Extractor 9.0.

I just looked into the links you sent. New learning curves!! However, I downloaded "LAME MP3 Encoder 3.97 final" and am starting to experiment with it. In my host I can choose a vbr level from 1-10. My files are all from about 2MB to 10MB. Should I be choosing quality level 10 for each? :?

Perhaps an easy way to go about this is to share with you a method I use to create and tag .mp3. The tag will allow folks to see who recorded the song and when, etc.

I use either EAC or the previously linked to winLame. winLame is musch easier to work with. Just go to rarewares and download the nLAME.dll for use with winLAME. Drop that .dll into the winLame directory to make sure you are using the latest version. Open winLame and drag n drop a .wav into the program. The compression settings are explained in detail. You want the second on the list. Note - always work with a copy of the original .wav to avoid disasters.

After your .mp3 shows up in the folder you specified, it will still need tagging. mp3tag is an easy way to do this. Just open the program, point it to the folder with your .mp3, enter the appropriate info after highlighting the file and then save. It also lets you attach album art, which can be fun.

Easier than it may look. :wink:

Wow-- I think I got it. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain things to me. I'm not sure if I'm tagging adequately, but this is what I've got:

http://flouncerinasbelly.googlepages.com/WhoKnew.mp3

3.4 MB
2:21 mins

That part around 0.55 sounds so cool, reminds me of old Mudhoney stuff.
Keep on rockin'!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

fbettoli wrote:Wow-- I think I got it.
Nice.

Now post some more of your music, please.

8)

ya this is fun man,
you using an amp on the guitar? dig the retro sound
change was a bit of a surprise, could be another song or somehow gone back to the opening theme
dig it

Thanks man,

I did the guitar through my soundcard (E-mu 0404) & Amplitube (Traction's bundled version). Yeah, I hear ya about there kind of being two songs in there- I'm bummed I can't mess with the arrangement any more. I lost the hard drive I had the original data on & only had a .wav file of my first verion to play with & modify. So, it is what it is.

bobsled wrote:
fbettoli wrote:Wow-- I think I got it.
Nice.

Now post some more of your music, please.

8)
Okay, this may seem a silly question, but would I be better off to render from my host directly to .mp3, or to .wav and then convert it to .mp3?

Return to “Music Cafe”