4 Heaven ( Harp-Space-HipHop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All

New song

4 Heaven

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1626

This features my new Harp ( a Pixie harp 31" high with 19 strings), Fender musicmaster bass, Arp 2600V lead( my own patch of course!) Atmosphere pad, Wusik Piano, NuSofting DK Plus for percussion and some vocal samples with generous amounts of WaveArts Master Reverb :-)

It was quite fun playing harp, as this was my first piece playing it. I did two tracks, and you might notice the stereo hocketing which was all quite serindipity :-)

I first started out with Harp and playing to a tabla rym from DK Plus, and then added bass and another percussion kit, and it kinda turned into a hip hop sort of groove..but I like it.

comments welcome on the mix please..are the harps too hot?

Tim
Last edited by tconrardy on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sounds great through headphones, Tim!
If someone played this for me, and said it was a TC tune, I'd say 'No way!' this doesn't sound like your regular stuff at all! While the usual style you share is lovely & spacey , this tune would be at home in the desert.

bluedad wrote:sounds great through headphones, Tim!
If someone played this for me, and said it was a TC tune, I'd say 'No way!' this doesn't sound like your regular stuff at all! While the usual style you share is lovely & spacey , this tune would be at home in the desert.

Hi Gary

yeah..its not my usual style..but it's just the way it turned out, as I never know what it's gonna sound like when I start. My original intention was.."play the harp and make some heavenly music " :-) but..also as an idea for a special collaboration :-)

but..How is the MIX? I really fussed over it. At first I kept the harps dry with some chorus. Then added one with reverb, then both.

Tim

Beautiful, Tim. Spacious mix. The hihat and cymbal work seems a little bit loud in the mix (or maybe too much high end on the eqing?), but that could just be my personal preference. Everything else seems to fit nicely.
Very relaxing track.

Jazzyspoon wrote:Beautiful, Tim. Spacious mix. The hihat and cymbal work seems a little bit loud in the mix (or maybe too much high end on the eqing?), but that could just be my personal preference. Everything else seems to fit nicely.
Very relaxing track.

Hi Jazzyspoon
Just the comment I need.Although..I have heard that some bring the drum kit high up in the mix..but I think a compromise can be reached :-) but..is that groove considered hiphop?? ( I wouldn't know) 8)

BTW: the way it got it's name was I started out with a file name called "heaven". Then I started doing different mixes, so heaven2, heaven3, and then when I got to 4, I called it "4 Heaven" as it's a tribute to heaven.
OH..recorded in Tracktion3 ( and I don't know what everyone says there are issues with it..for my needs..it's great!)

Tim

tag for later...

you got your harp! 8) :party: :harp: :harp: :harp: :harp: :harp:

Cool beat man. I like the atmospherical feel to it. The harp action is good.

Speaking of "Hiphop," you might want to hear this song. It's RnB, but it sounds a lot like this kind of style of beat you made.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sa6XrzASZCo

very pretty
lovely mix

love the Arp

I have harp envy

A great production, everything sounds fine in this mix.
It's a nice blend of genres, nice touch on arp
Well done

Cheers

I know this may come across as faint praise, which is not how it's intended, but this sounds like a pro DAW's demo song if they ever included good songs!

It's sounds expensive, somehow, because the mix is so ludicrously hi-rez and pristine.

I really dig it; if I could rap I'd record yo mamma jokes over it.

The harp sounds superb, T-Con. Now your hip-hop nick courtesy of moi is actually appropriate. I hope to hear more from this alias.

Gorgeous. :clap:

runagate wrote:I know this may come across as faint praise, which is not how it's intended, but this sounds like a pro DAW's demo song if they ever included good songs!

It's sounds expensive, somehow, because the mix is so ludicrously hi-rez and pristine.

I really dig it; if I could rap I'd record yo mamma jokes over it.

The harp sounds superb, T-Con. Now your hip-hop nick courtesy of moi is actually appropriate. I hope to hear more from this alias.

so..it's a hip-hop groove? I guess I couldn't tell a hiphop from R&B or a camel for that matter :-) Thanks for the comments on the mix. All I used for mastering was 'classic compression' (the plug) and the built in Tracktion 4 band EQ. I have tried the Final Mix plug in Tracktion, but I always get horrible results from it...that is..I post the song and I get comments here that the mix sounds bad :-) so..now I am trying 'less is more' type of thing.

Hopefully there might be vocals from that special collab I mentioned :-)

Tim

Laguna Rising wrote:A great production, everything sounds fine in this mix.
It's a nice blend of genres, nice touch on arp
Well done

Cheers
I guess everyone likes the arp lead. If you have the Artura Arp2600V, you can download my presets from their site and an expanded bank on the Arp2600V Yahoo forum.

Next: i'm gonna do some Christmas tunes on the harp :-)

Tim

harp just *lends* an expensive feel to any tune (something I learned when penning commercials)
So I hear the harp and the kalimba-sounding thing is?

(oh, and nice soothing tune :) )
for entertaining porpoises only

It's funny. One compressor. You must have some seriously nice gear, then, or something. The harp doesn't even sound mic'd, just magically captured to disc!

I'm always a tiny bit reluctant to listen to your Cafe songs, it's intimidating.

And this, I can tell, is kind of a toss-off song for you! (I say this based on the tenor of the arrangement, which is sort of linear for you, not that it's a bad thing by any means).

How did you learn to make harp tunes so fast? *shakes fist*

Return to “Music Cafe”