The Lonely Piper : keep your hankies ready!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

good sound, which bagpipes you used?

Oh I love it! Please let me know when you got more celtic stuff to check out. I currently workin on a track using the Soundbytes Bagpipes VST http://www.soundbytes.de/ Would sound a lot better with the real deal of course :oops:

liqih wrote:good sound, which bagpipes you used?
Standard Scottisch highland pipes Pieh Mohr, it should be the equivalent of a standard Shepherd.

Come to think of it, I only recorded with one mic below the chanter. I should have put one above also to catch the drone. Maybe that's why people think the tone is so clear.

I also put some compression and a cathedral reverb on the final mix.

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

Liqih, if you listen to this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG_qT7F4IDk (just think away the video :D ), you can hear some Knagalis, still the finest VSTi to simulate bagpipes!

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

Thanks Peter, <grin>

so you used Knagalis in that video soundtrack, cool!,

But now you have the real sound! And yes I think you should use one mic for the drone, unless the tone it's not compatible with the arrangement,
but the blend of chanter and drone is what I really like of the bagpipes

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
really nice, Peter !

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Greetings!

Seems like most people haven't been on this site in a while..

I saw one of your posts on a different forum.
The person who contacted you was in search of JD990 sounds and sound banks. In the post, you mentioned that you sent him a link to the sounds you personally had collected.

I am wondering if you would be so kind as to share those sounds with me.

Appreciate your time.

Sincerely,

B
bjamin9@yahoo.com (mailto:bjamin9@yahoo.com)

Return to “Music Cafe”