[mu sic] nebublob

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this goes with the sea chantey thing actually (in a cartoon scenario)
from a completely different world of sound

primordial waters type of feel

nebublob

this was a bass solo intiially
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sound-scape really wild. I like this type of ambient stuff. although I can't really seem to get these flavors out of synths. would like to hear some more of you're music.

cheers

I like the surreal landscape (or sea as it may be) this sets for me. It seems a nice, subtle piece - mellow trance with some nice swells. I might be tempted to make some other dynamic plays in it. Depends on your purpose.

I look forward to more.

thsnks guys

I have a few of these ones, I made a bank in absynth a while back, these long envelopes, I'm liking 'em

this ending isn't an ending, it's a transition to some part of the other thing.

there's lots of ways it could go, this is a shapeshifter monster in home seas in the cartoon continuity, so it's all latent, hasn't fully formed yet

jc

Last edited by bobsled on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You've got some really cool sounds here. I may have to fire Absynth up again, I've been having so much fun with Zebra and Krishna that I haven't touched my NI stuff in months. I've got the tutorial DVD but never really took the time to sit down and learn it.

The sounds in this track are very dense and detailed but evolve so fluidly. Excellent work.

thank tou, justin3am

absynth is pretty intuitive; else, I wouldn't have got this much out of it

*envelopes*

grabbed
after your last one I'm quite excited

gooey and dark and atmospheric.

so how does a guy like you, with your edgy analytical mind and rush of words, end up making pieces like these ... moody, diffuse, lugubrious? for me there's a disconnect between your written/verbal persona and musical persona.

which one is the real-er you?

Cool, is this underwater voyage part?

rachmiel wrote:gooey and dark and atmospheric.

so how does a guy like you, with your edgy analytical mind and rush of words, end up making pieces like these ... moody, diffuse, lugubrious? for me there's a disconnect between your written/verbal persona and musical persona.

which one is the real-er you?
LMAO

I wish I knew;

if you heard my poppy confections you'd be more baffled, even

in an orchestration, I find that thinking as, say the harp player vs the kit drummer sometimes has to be done on separate days. is it method acting?

either way it's based on improvisation

ultimately this is part of a longer thing which contrasts the not-formed with very articulated rhythm and 'straight lines'; at this point the contrast is jarring, I might have to go with that

only been trying to compose in words for so long, I like 'em for rhythm, otherwise ??

Zombie Queen wrote:Cool, is this underwater voyage part?
I THINK this is the first part of the trip; this shapeshifting entity becomes an interstellar ship, travels to terran waters and subsumes the other ship and rides off into the sunset, becoming as unto the sky

I have all these drastically differing sound worlds, I decided to unify 'em via formal devices and then with this stupid continuity, trying to become a composer or something, I set some limitations that way
infinitudes are out of my depth

one unifying element, which will be hard to record properly, will be this sort of nukular electric guitar action

Very peaceful and massaging on the sub woofer. I am not going to over think this piece, just enjoy it.

"turn off your mind, relax and float downstream"

Return to “Music Cafe”