easy, simple, jazzy song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Balding Hippies
"Backspace Song"

genres: easy listening, uneasy listening, faking jazz, tongue lounge
time: 2:00
download: here

This is something I recorded a good while ago, there are just drums and bass and vocal. I wanted to add some melodic instrument, but I couldn't come up with satisfying result, I'm clueless on what's next here. Maybe if I could play a mellow guitar or piano improvisations, but I'm too lame at this. So I wonder maybe leave it as it is... Or maybe follow the spirit and put it in a trash can?

Any advise?

I love this song but I feel left out... my keyboard has no "backspace". I've got two "delete" keys though :P
...Stupid Apple.

The drums sound very crisp and so does the bass which I know can be tough. They sit together very well in the mix. I really <3 the scatting.
Thanks.

3am

lots of fun.

i'll tell you what i needs:

theremin solo ... perhaps doubling with soprano on "aahs" or "oohs."

Zombie Queen wrote:Image
The Balding Hippies
"Backspace Song"

genres: easy listening, uneasy listening, faking jazz, tongue lounge
time: 2:00
download: here

This is something I recorded a good while ago, there are just drums and bass and vocal. I wanted to add some melodic instrument, but I couldn't come up with satisfying result, I'm clueless on what's next here. Maybe if I could play a mellow guitar or piano improvisations, but I'm too lame at this. So I wonder maybe leave it as it is... Or maybe follow the spirit and put it in a trash can?

Any advise?
awesome!
great drums as well!

rachmiel wrote:theremin solo ... perhaps doubling with soprano on "aahs"
In DIY reality this means mixing papelmedia soundfont with mouse controlled mysteron, might be a kliier... :hihi:

@musicman: Thank you, but actually, drum awe should go to Cyclick Samples who produced drum loop CD once bundled with Future Music.... :oops:

Thank you all very much for listening.

Hi Zombie,

nice funny good produced song!! :)

What could be added? Maybe some more vocals?
Some choirs by you, doubled vocals at places? :-o
Otherwise other instruments seem not necessary here, but COULD work when they would be little fill-ins.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

This is fun. And I relate to the song subject. Some creative stuff. i love when the scatting goes all captain caveman.

You forced me to examine buttons on my keybaord and i realize there are a great many i have never pushed and don't know what they d

Jazzyspoon is offline. Windows is shutting down.

Jazzyspoon wrote:i realize there are a great many i have never pushed
Maybe a theme for different song....?

;-)

Great beatnik feel (at least, what I imagine beatnik music would be like, based on caricatures seen in movies and TV). Loose, fun, lovely as it is. I wouldn't change it at all (but I'm sometimes funny that way).

How fun is this? I love it. Even though I'm probably not going to be able to get it out of my head anytime soon. :hihi:

Echo Voodoo wrote:Great beatnik feel (at least, what I imagine beatnik music would be like, based on caricatures seen in movies and TV). Loose, fun, lovely as it is. I wouldn't change it at all (but I'm sometimes funny that way).
needs mor bongo...

you could open up the space between scats and add a wacked solo (I keep thinking trumpet... but just about anything can work) noodlings (arrr....it's a pirate thing!)

but you don't haveta.

bongo now, total beat nik
for entertaining porpoises only

Wow! :clap: :tu:
"It dreamed itself along"

This is definately a fun little song. I was expecting to hear a little piano improv when I intially listened to it so that might help.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

After a few listens, i like it as is. :D

Return to “Music Cafe”