some cool surf rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.archive.org/details/TheOrigi ... rillSkills

The whole album is free and super cool. If you only listen to a few of 'em, listen to their hilarious cover of "I Ran" which was written by Flock of Seagulls.

8)

love it!

do you have anything to do with this?

i have a biiiiiiiiiiiig soft spot for surf music ... having grown up a few miles from the beach ... and i love extreme covers ... turn up the spring reverb dude!

rachmiel wrote:love it!

do you have anything to do with this?

i have a biiiiiiiiiiiig soft spot for surf music ... having grown up a few miles from the beach ... and i love extreme covers ... turn up the spring reverb dude!
Oh no, this has nothing to do with me. I stumbled across it while doing research and loved it, too.

eMusic.com has some great stuff by a band called the Aqua Velvets and also some solo work in the same vein by their guitarist. His stuff is released under the name "Miles Corbin". Killer stuff, heavy on tone and dark/exotic chord progressions.

I've been trying to incorporate some surf-isms into my new stuff. The new tube amp I bought is helping a lot with inspiration and also with just dialing in a sound and living with it rather than leaving everything open-ended.

aqua velvets! groovey name for a retro band. how about: Old Spice(s) ... ?

if you do anything in the surf vein, please post.

Return to “Music Cafe”