Space Happy - Electro Pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Y'all

Just rolled this off Energy XT 2 for fun.

http://www.benedictroffmarsh.com/Stuff/Space_Happy.mp3

All my own synths and fx (except for Classic Compressor on the master)

Bass - Pollux + Time
Lead - Castor II
String - unreleased
Arp - SampleoTron
Master - Space (reverb) + Classic Compressor

Just a happy little tune.

:)

Nice kick, sample? or you synthed it? Wow, no kidding you are in a happy mood. Everything here is really cool, some the timbers are very warm, its also kinda jazzy, and I quite liked it.

Put a smile on my face, cheers mate

:party:

Thanks C Kat

The kik is a sample I made myself - can't remember where. It has a boost at about 200 hz to boost it up over the bass. Realy a simple Sine wave thing.

I guess the Jazzy feel comes in part from the brassy sound and sort of call and response I used.

Glad I made you happy.

Happy, bouncy track. Those whadaya-callums at about 1:15 and 1:50, sure like to be able to do something like that in my own music. Gave the track so much more depth and interest while not really breaking the flow. Very nice.

Nice track, Benedict. Very cool note bending portamento's on the keys. Flows nicely.
With the right mix, this could easily be an early Aphex Twin track.

Thanks for sharing this. :)

Thanks

Mr Sled: I assume that you mean the Arp type motifs? They are SampleoTron which you have and allowing the Drift to let tunings get loose, into a Time unit (forgot to mention that) and then program the rythm with switches so that overall the sound generates a kind of syncopation. Is that what you wanted?

Mr Spoon: I like the Porta too. The main Brassy sound uses Castor II's feature of being able to turn off the key tuning for an Osc, so that one Osc stays on C3 and the other plays the melody. Not sure about the Aphex reference :lol: but then I guess you weren't either. Musically it is a lot like Rob Papen's old band Nova from the 80's.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Nice work.

---

http://www.akon-akon.com (http://www.akon-akon.com)
Last edited by akonfan on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
--

Benedict wrote:SampleoTron...allowing the Drift to let tunings get loose, into a Time unit (forgot to mention that) and then program the rhythm with switches so that overall the sound generates a kind of syncopation. Is that what you wanted?
That'll work. Thanks!

8)

The main theme reminds me of something from Ash Ra Temple circa 1978, though otherwise it's stylistically much different than them.

Wait . . . did I see a COMPRESSOR being used here?

Turn to the dark side, young Benedict! :D

Lovely little bit of happy space stuff. Really like it.

No Em

No compression. Not at all. I just applied a bit of reverse expansion to spash the dynamic against the wall.

:lol:

Benedict wrote:No Em

No compression. Not at all. I just applied a bit of reverse expansion to spash the dynamic against the wall.

This might actually be the most chipper thing I've heard all year.

I have trouble reconciling your extremely experimental VSTs, your rockabilly dancing and your happy go lucky songs. Which is a good thing.

runagate wrote:...I have trouble reconciling your extremely experimental VSTs, your rockabilly dancing and your happy go lucky songs...
He just does it all for the chicks.

"Sure, baby, I program software synthesizers and write happy go lucky elctronica...but I also do rockabilly dancing and listen to country music. Whay can I say, I'm a very complicated guy."

:hihi:

Joyful and simple, I haven't heard anything like this around here in a while, and it's a shame.

Thanks

Corman: I was worried to put this up because so many ppl seem to dump on anything with a melody let alone something cheery. Nice to hear that there are still ppl who can enjoy fun music.

Em: I do it for the chicks but they ignore me just the same. I should do it for the money.

Runny: I never really thought my VSTs that experimental. I figured ppl would see me as being very traditional. Of course any decent instrument has possibilities... Happy to keep you guessing. Do you have a sister? :lol:

Benedict wrote:Thanks

Corman: I was worried to put this up because so many ppl seem to dump on anything with a melody let alone something cheery. Nice to hear that there are still ppl who can enjoy fun music.

Fun music is good music too mate :)

Return to “Music Cafe”