Evil Drum'n'Bass -> "Its Your Choice"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4 minutes of modulation that resulted in my best Drum'n'Bass track yet and several happy people

a.k.a. Its Your Choice by NapalmBob (a.k.a. Ben) featuring original vocal samples by Adam.

Please, please, please, for the love of God, share your thoughts (and how it sounds on your system as it has not been mastered yet).

:D :D :D

Reup'd: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/3/ ... Choice.mp3
Last edited by napalmbob on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

At my system it sounds great, but I have no wonder-expensive equipment. I like the song, only critic would be (well all critic is a matter of taste, nothing more of course) that the word "choice" is used a bit too often :), I like instrumental parts that run for a bit longer, and the sounds and ideas you use are pretty good so would deserve a run of its own, so to say. Nice one! Nice bassy sounds. Thanks for sharing!

My kind of DnB.

It has the energy, but not the monotony that plagues so much of the genre.

Nice filterplay.

8)

Hell yes! The drums in this sound nice and tight and the synth sounds do indeed sound evil. The mids (particularly the low mids) sound a little hollow but that could just be personal preferance. I really love this kinda' stuff, break beats are my bread and butter!

If you would be so obliged, I have a similar track you may enjoy...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199527

I'll have to keep an eye out for more of your stuff. Thanks :D
3am

Thanks guys, I have a few unfinished tracks like this I now feel motivated to finish off.

And, in retrospect, there is a little too much vox, but it was made specifically for Adam, who I do a radio course with.

This kind of stuff is really hard to make - and I think you did a great job. The music was more than good enough to stand up on its own - I'm not a great fan of vocal "stabs" - and when the music has as much happening as this the vocals are merely a distraction.

I enjoyed it so much I would like to give you a challenge:

Could you make a new DnB with more "riff" between the bass and drums? (Only because for me the genre in general lacks "tightness" between the bass and drums - its sounds often as though the bass and drums are doing their own thing).

If you take the challenge PM me, so I can be sure I don't miss it!

Thanks for sharing.

Philip.

Incoming: Reup sans vocals.

Edit: And with EQ tweaks all round.

tagged for later bump

Hi I tried to download you're track, and it was an mpeg movie.

do you have an mp3?

REUP

WTF? I'll try that again...

@ Phibeck, do you mean something like Crowd Rocker by the EZ Rollers? Where the bass and drums complement each other?
Last edited by napalmbob on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmm. The mp3 is 4:38 of silence. It's good silence, but...

Barnadine wrote:
Hmm. The mp3 is 4:38 of silence. It's good silence, but...
Yeah, I had added some master volume automation at the end of the track. And somehow it acted like the volume was down until the automation kicked in, which was a fade at the end.

I love you FL Studio, but if you do it again...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/3/ ... Choice.mp3

Hi, I like the track...

8)

Nice rumbling monster you got here.
I enjoyed it immensely.
Good build up. Seems smarter than a lot of the dnb I have been exposed to lately.
Nice work.

Jazzyspoon wrote:Nice rumbling monster you got here.
I enjoyed it immensely.
Good build up. Seems smarter than a lot of the dnb I have been exposed to lately.
Nice work.
I'm glad you liked it.

I put alot of effort into my intro's. Mainly because I usually skip thru a track if the intro doesn't catch me.

Return to “Music Cafe”